De Rossi (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
I don't buy it, we had a bid for Javi Garcia rejected and if we were confident of signing DDR we wouldn't be bidding for the alternative surely? It isn't deadline day 2008 anymore where we faxed about 30 bids for top players, hoping one of them would get accepted.

We will be keeping our options open I would imagine mate. I can see us putting in offers in for multiple players, then choosing the right buy for us.

With the amount of time left I cannot see us bidding for one player, getting rejected then going to another target etc..

I agree that I don't think we would bid for Garcia if DeRossi was still an option but are we absolutely certain that has happened ?

Pigeonho said:
Bellamyend said:
I am hearing Nige to AC to pave the way for DDR to us

Twitter hotting up too, gonna be glued to the yellow ticker today :)
You're hearing? You heard something this morning too I remember.
Ah, then you go on to mention Twitter, well i'm going to create an account and say that De Rossi has put a transfer request in, and shaved his beard.

You won't seriously be 'glued' to the yellow ticker will you, just because of twitter?

All we really know is that if NDJ goes, he shall be replaced by COB Friday, however I wouldn't be surprised to see a signing today. Personally I agree with LoveCity / SuperSilva; DDR still a long shot

anybody point me right direction for some people to follow with de rossi info/talk/rumours.

(@25thomo if anyone wants to follow sorry bout the plug lol).

Neville Kneville said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
I don't buy it, we had a bid for Javi Garcia rejected and if we were confident of signing DDR we wouldn't be bidding for the alternative surely? It isn't deadline day 2008 anymore where we faxed about 30 bids for top players, hoping one of them would get accepted.

We will be keeping our options open I would imagine mate. I can see us putting in offers in for multiple players, then choosing the right buy for us.

With the amount of time left I cannot see us bidding for one player, getting rejected then going to another target etc..

I agree that I don't think we would bid for Garcia if DeRossi was still an option but are we absolutely certain that has happened ?

Why wouldn't we bid?, we can bid, get accepted, sort personal terms with the player and then drop out if De Rossi occurs. Until pen is put to paper its all open. At this point in time we need to be negotiating our 1st 2nd and 3rd choices.

Bellamyend said:
Pigeonho said:
Bellamyend said:
I am hearing Nige to AC to pave the way for DDR to us

Twitter hotting up too, gonna be glued to the yellow ticker today :)
You're hearing? You heard something this morning too I remember.
Ah, then you go on to mention Twitter, well i'm going to create an account and say that De Rossi has put a transfer request in, and shaved his beard.

You won't seriously be 'glued' to the yellow ticker will you, just because of twitter?

All we really know is that if NDJ goes, he shall be replaced by COB Friday, however I wouldn't be surprised to see a signing today. Personally I agree with LoveCity / SuperSilva; DDR still a long shot
Cob? Of the corn variety?

SuperSilva said:
LoveCity said:

I think we know DDR is a long shot and are just holding out for a miracle but at the same time they are trying to cover themselves by bidding for Garcia

"they" meaning Roma?

thomo said:
anybody point me right direction for some people to follow with de rossi info/talk/rumours.

(@25thomo if anyone wants to follow sorry bout the plug lol).

@tancredipalmeri

grunge said:
Neville Kneville said:
sam-caddick said:

Why wouldn't we bid?, we can bid, get accepted, sort personal terms with the player and then drop out if De Rossi occurs. Until pen is put to paper its all open. At this point in time we need to be negotiating our 1st 2nd and 3rd choices.

I think we'd talk & will be doing of that of course, but I don't think we would mess people around by actually bidding & then not paying up if it was accepted.

Imo, if we do genuinely bid for Garcia, it means DeRossi is over. But have we ?

BringBackSwales said:
SuperSilva said:
LoveCity said:

I think we know DDR is a long shot and are just holding out for a miracle but at the same time they are trying to cover themselves by bidding for Garcia

"they" meaning Roma?

sorry, "they" meaning City. Roma would probably love a monster deal to go through.

When clubs want to improve any position they always talk with more players. I think DDR will stay but that bid to sign Garcia only means he's one of few options. Plus City offered 17M before that Sunday match and if they're not complete assholes... It's not easy to sign players from Portugal. Witsel would cost over 30M by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.