De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: De Rossi

Resale value or at least value for money is important. We probably won't be able to buy £30 million midfielders every couple of years to plug holes for the retiring ageing midfielders that we signed. I'm hoping that we're signing him knowing that we will get 3 top years out of him by the time Razak and/or Rodwell will be ready. 3 or 4 years isn't great though and is terrible value for money

The whole link sounds like lies to me, can't see it happening.

30m+ sounds like too much for De Rossi aswell, especially at 29.

I think anyone that uses the term "Resale Value" from now on, should be slapped. If we're going for older players like De Rossi we don't need to be concerned about selling him. Hell, even the younger players shouldn't be bought with that in consideration.

While value is important, it should not be a deciding factor in whether we buy someone

adammck said:
Why isn't everyone so over the top about DDR re-sell value and age?

If we sign DDR I'd assume RVP definitely won't happen (even though it's looking like that already). If I had to choose I'd go DDR since Tevez has been looking fucking ace, I think he knows it will be his last season and wants to go out with a bang

Agree with most of this apart from the end part? Possibly tevezs last season? This guy if kept happy and fit could be brilliant for 3/4 seasons, he should be hitting his prime at this age. Apart from another bust up with the club, someone with the composure and hunger to win like he does we need to hang onto for as long as poss.

Tevez City said:
Edwaardz said:
Tevez City said:
Why not Javi Martinez ?

At least he will have a resale value !
Yeah, let's only buy players because they have a resale value!

Thats not the only reason to go for Martinez.

He can be as good as De Rossi if not better.
You're overrating Martinez and underrating De Rossi.

I wonder where Abu fits in to all this? Apparently he is a beast and will be ready in 1/2 years or less. Or thow in Evans. We are stockpliing a lot of 21ish year olds who can play centre mid.

DANNY O'B said:
adammck said:
Why isn't everyone so over the top about DDR re-sell value and age?

If we sign DDR I'd assume RVP definitely won't happen (even though it's looking like that already). If I had to choose I'd go DDR since Tevez has been looking fucking ace, I think he knows it will be his last season and wants to go out with a bang

Agree with most of this apart from the end part? Possibly tevezs last season? This guy if kept happy and fit could be brilliant for 3/4 seasons, he should be hitting his prime at this age. Apart from another bust up with the club, someone with the composure and hunger to win like he does we need to hang onto for as long as poss.

I think since next summer he has one year left on his contract he will look for a move back home, he will be in a stronger position and fee won't be as large. I'm more then happy for him to stay, don't get me wrong, I think him and Aguero are gonna do some serious damage this year.

Im interested to see how Tevez goes this year, I hope he maintains his hunger and fitness. Would be better signing DDR instead of RVP any day of the week if Tevez remains this composed

Resale value does my head in. If we want to be top of the tree why would we sell our best players anyway? So we would buy a youngster, develop him into a player worth far more than when we bought him and then sell him to our rivals? People have been listening to ferguson too much.
We need a mixture of the best young players in the word and the best players in the world who have experience like yaya and hopefully de rossi. Resale value is secondary to success – if you’re successful players (other than the odd exception) won’t want to leave anyway.

Edwaardz said:
Tevez City said:
Edwaardz said:
Yeah, let's only buy players because they have a resale value!

Thats not the only reason to go for Martinez.

He can be as good as De Rossi if not better.
You're overrating Martinez and underrating De Rossi.

Maybe you are right, my opinion was based on a few games.

haven't we signed Rodwell to play in this position?

I'd like DDR at City (if fit), but it does seem like a bit departure from the type of signings we have made in the past (all young).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.