De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I could see this in some games:

-------------Zabaleta----------De Rossi-------------Kompany---------------
Richards----------------------------------------------------------------Kolarov
------------------------Yaya------------------Nasri------------------------------
-----------------------------------Silva--------------------------------------------
-----------------------Aguero----------------Tevez------------------------------

Tonnes of with and guile. Perhaps Barry when he comes back but I can see Nasri patrolling even deeper.

Re: Sky Sports reporting City in talks with De Rossi's Agent

mancunial said:
Ok then horses head it is?

Mancini's gonna offer them something they can't refuse.

alky313 said:

------------------------Yaya------------------Nasri------------------------------
-----------------------------------Silva--------------------------------------------
-----------------------Aguero----------------Tevez------------------------------

Tonnes of with and guile. Perhaps Barry when he comes back but I can see Nasri patrolling even deeper.

Why would we drop one of the leagues best CBs and replace him with a makeshift CB?

blink922 said:
alky313 said:

Why would we drop one of the leagues best CBs and replace him with a makeshift CB?

Because, like we saw in the Community Shield, 3 at the back requires players capable of distributing the ball as well as intercepting it. Agger and De Rossi led the Euros with interceptions. This is the kind of stat you can actually sink your teeth into.

We aren't going to need Lescott in big matches, muscling players off of the ball. We need players capable of interceptions off of the high press. Something that Barcelona and Bayern to a lesser extent have mastered. We are now a team who lives and dies off of the ball.

Despite Lescott's impressive perfomances we are coming to a crux in our development. We may have to sacrafice individuals, who despite their incredible performances, are inevitably impeding on our growth club wide.

Sign De Rossi and a keeper as cover for Hart cause Pants is well lets face it pants and lets go from there see how it pans out first 2 matches if bobby needs anymore sign them

blue underpants said:
Sign De Rossi and a keeper as cover for Hart cause Pants is well lets face it pants and lets go from there see how it pans out first 2 matches if bobby needs anymore sign them

...one mistake in the charity shield and instantly he's not up to scratch as Joe's cover!?

carlos92 said:
They are both ex professional footballers and even though their probably is a personality clash they both know what to do to make our club successful.

Just because they are
ex pro's doesn't mean they know how to run and make a success of a football club, that's like assuming a plumber could run a plumbing business.....not so !, on that premiss Khaldoon must be clueless and that definitely isn't the case.

alky313 said:

Uh uh, last time we left Kompany alone against Chelsea, we let in 2 goals. It is too much of a risk to drop Lescott, and even more so when Lescott is in the prime of his form.

In this situation, one of the forwards would have to be dropped, for De Rossi to be in the midfield. Or dropped Zaba to fit De Rossi there, dependant on the situation.

Young said:
alky313 said:

Uh uh, last time we left Kompany alone against Chelsea, we let in 2 goals. It is too much of a risk to drop Lescott, and even more so when Lescott is in the prime of his form.

In this situation, one of the forwards would have to be dropped, for De Rossi to be in the midfield. Or dropped Zaba to fit De Rossi there, dependant on the situation.

We let in two goals because Pantilimon couldn't hold onto one. The other was a bit of brilliance by Ramires. Do you really believe that in areas occupied by Hazard that Lescott would have been able to handle his pace? There is a reason why Savic was replaced by Clichy and not Kolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.