De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petetheblu said:
It does amuse me to hear people say we don't need DeRossi, did none of you city last year when Yaya left for the ACON?.... It was plain to see that we truly missed him and his presence, if we are lucky enough to get Dan the man then we would of pulled off a major coop, that will shit the likes of the scum and Chelsea right up.

De Rossi is not as good as Yaya though. Yaya is quicker and better on the ball, not sure why people think De Rossi is going to take that position up. There is basically no other players on the planet like Yaya.

FWIW I have watched a lot of De Rossi, throughout his career and in my opinion he is not worth this much hassle. He is a very similar player to De Jong, but with a slightly better passing range. I dont see the point in spending 30 mill on him and then meeting his massive wage demands, where it is only a move sideways or slightly in front of De Jong. It's like upgrading from a Lambo to a Ferrari.

Petetheblu said:
It does amuse me to hear people say we don't need DeRossi, did none of you city last year when Yaya left for the ACON?.... It was plain to see that we truly missed him and his presence, if we are lucky enough to get Dan the man then we would of pulled off a major coop, that will shit the likes of the scum and Chelsea right up.

Yeah, but we don't bring in Daniele only to cover for Yaya those weeks when he's off to Africa.
If De Rossi comes to us, he'd belong in the category "given starters", where Yaya, Kompany, Silva and Aguero also belongs. The only time De Rossi will not be on the pitch is if he's either injured or fatigued.

LongsightM13 said:
Good player, but I doubt very much that he is going to leave Rome. Maybe we should look at Moutinho, similar sort of player but younger

He's a good player, as is Javi Martinez, but he's off to Bayern I think.
In any case, we desperately need a central midfielder, and pace down the wings would be welcome (Pedro!!!!).

Apart from the public announcer, neither the club (directors) nor the manager has stated that De Rossi 'will not be sold to City'.(I stand corected)

Normally either would have made a statement by now to appease the fanatical fans.

Isn't that the norm in Italian football?

So it does make you wonder if both the Directors and manager are waiting on De Rossi to make up his mind before making a final public announcement on his future.

I would sooner keep de Jong for the last year of his contract than sell him for a pittance,get de rossi as well and we are covered for when yaya goes to Afcon.
Rodwell will learn so much from these players to.

I just have this feeling he's coming here. Why have a press conference if all you want to say us you're staying ? Unless he's a attention whoring drama queen

De Rossi has reportedly called a press conference on Tuesday to announce his future plans, but Zeman expects he will choose to stay with his boyhood club.
Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/165982.html?CMP=OTC-RSS#HIW7lmmfcqJ7A7HS.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... qJ7A7HS.99</a>

Clarkie question.

Is he really hoilding a press conference? Or is it another Twatter..........

De Rossi non si tocca», recita la Curva Sud. «Ha scelto la Roma per sempre»,
annuncia lo speaker. Un’ovazione continua per Daniele, ieri è stata la sua notte. La
notte della verità. Quella che Il Romanista vi ha sempre raccontato, scrivendo che
sarebbe rimasto alla Roma. Capitan Futuro lo ribadirà domani in conferenza

Above from il romanista-There will be a press conf. tomorrow when DDR will confirm that he is stying in Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.