De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
pavelsrnicek said:
dancity19 said:
Barry was the unsung hero of last season, and we clearly missed him yesterday. However, he is 31, will be slower, and has no pre season. He won't feature for a long time. There are a number of players we could get in who could do his job.

the best and most likely alternative is martinez, even if that one is still a longshot, maybe at a push alonso as there could be an issue with his contract. it appears that there simply aren't that many regista types that are good enough and available without getting into ridiculous prices.

barry was brilliant for us last year and was missed yesterday but i think in europe he wasn't at his best.
Is Martinez really a deep lying playmaker? He just seems like someone who will keep the ball ticking over. Not seen enough of him to make a fair judgement though.

when i saw him playing for the Spanish U21s a few years ago i would've said all round midfielder as everything came through him but since then I've only seen him play CB for Bilbao. i think the fact he has played both dm and cb meant he was seen as an alternative to de Rossi.

Ragnarok said:
FFS. This press conference is part of the clubs strategy before the season opens. There have already have been press conferences for other players. De Rossi's is up next, thats all there is to it.

Now you tell us ;)

nehe11 said:
Rammy Blue said:
I fucking hate us dealing with Italian clubs, nothing is ever bleeding easy.

I've had confidence in this deal happening as I've always thought the ridiculous wages they are paying him, since he signed his new deal, were to purely get through to this summer when we would come knocking and take him away.

I wonder whether one of our failings is that we do everything by the book, meaning we don't get involved in tapping up, as it's frigging annoying that we seem to chase these players without ever ascertaining whether they are keen on the move?

Not the end of the world if we don't get him, it just seems we waste a hell of a lot of time and resources before we now have to move onto other targets.

Anyway, always thought De Rossi was shite, and he's a ****.
He´s a worldclass player end of story!

Bollocks, he's shite. I never wanted him either

rci500 said:
sam-caddick said:
rci500 said:
We all know about the City interest. It's pretty big in Italy, or at leat in Rome obviously. Yesterday at the final friendly the stadium speaker said something along the lines of 'wanted by many, staying forever'. Sure, not an offical statement from the club, but the speaker is an official employee who can't just shout anything he wants to thousands of people. It was most likely agreed.

To the disrespectful one above somewhere talking about De Rossi not wanting to win anything, I advice you to remember where you guys were without the help of some insanely rich guy. Roma is not a huge club, but it does have heart and history. So please, kindly feck off.

Im sorry mate, I am no psychologist but for a Roma fan to post on a Manchester City forum regarding a De Rossi transfer tells me you have some doubt about him leaving, even if it only of a small amount.

If you are so assured and confident he will stay, you would not think twice about this whole situation, yet you feel you have to back yourself and your fans by stating confidence on the City forum.

I'm proud that De Rossi, one of our homegrown players, is considered a world class player and I like talking about Roma. If a club who just won the PL wants him, it honours my club. I like it when other fans talk about my club and I like participating in such a discussion. I wouldn't do the same if you guys spoke german, french or spanish, simply because then I wouldn't be able to participate.

Fair play mate.

Its all good saying its a standard press conference that all roma players have, but it states he 'personally' has called a press meeting? if it was standard routine wouldnt the club just bring them in on scheduled meetings with the press?

Gareth Barry Manilow said:
nehe11 said:
Rammy Blue said:

I've had confidence in this deal happening as I've always thought the ridiculous wages they are paying him, since he signed his new deal, were to purely get through to this summer when we would come knocking and take him away.

I wonder whether one of our failings is that we do everything by the book, meaning we don't get involved in tapping up, as it's frigging annoying that we seem to chase these players without ever ascertaining whether they are keen on the move?

Not the end of the world if we don't get him, it just seems we waste a hell of a lot of time and resources before we now have to move onto other targets.

Me too. He's a poor man's Karl Henry, I've always thought that. Check my posts.

nehe11 said:
Rammy Blue said:

After carefull consideration and going through the chances of us getting him I now find myslef agreeing with these comments.

I think he needs to go out and buy himself a decent razor for that excuse of a beard, the tatoos look just stupid and he's not even that fucking good.

pavelsrnicek said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
pavelsrnicek said:
the best and most likely alternative is martinez, even if that one is still a longshot, maybe at a push alonso as there could be an issue with his contract. it appears that there simply aren't that many regista types that are good enough and available without getting into ridiculous prices.

barry was brilliant for us last year and was missed yesterday but i think in europe he wasn't at his best.
Is Martinez really a deep lying playmaker? He just seems like someone who will keep the ball ticking over. Not seen enough of him to make a fair judgement though.

when i saw him playing for the Spanish U21s a few years ago i would've said all round midfielder as everything came through him but since then I've only seen him play CB for Bilbao. i think the fact he has played both dm and cb meant he was seen as an alternative to de Rossi.

He is a good player but ever since Bilbao outplayed United in the Europa, the media have been well overhyping him. He is not a 40m Euros player. Vinny puts fear into strikers, De Jong does, Yaya does to some extent. Martinez does not and for me that is his downfall.

waspish said:
Ragnarok said:
FFS. This press conference is part of the clubs strategy before the season opens. There have already have been press conferences for other players. De Rossi's is up next, thats all there is to it.

Now you tell us ;)

so maybe this tells us even more about him staying if its the norm for players to do this and he is actually goes ahead with the press conference!!

surly if he was staying he wouldn't go ahead and have a talk about the season ahead with Roma?

shootmeifipost10k said:
nehe11 said:

After carefull consideration and going through the chances of us getting him I now find myslef agreeing with these comments.

I think he needs to go out and buy himself a decent razor for that excuse of a beard, the tatoos look just stupid and he's not even that fucking good.

Anyone who wears a shirt with one long sleeve and one short is a full on wanker, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.