De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
rci500 said:
dancity19 said:
That's the most concrete thing we have heard so far to be fair, and doesn't sound particularly promising.

If a big deal of this has been made in Italy, and the fans are aware of the possibility, they wouldn't excite them over a Press Conference where he would announce he was leaving.

If it is to say he is staying, though, I agree with others in that it is a bit OTT considering not a lot has been reported. I bet most other fans don't even know we are linked with him so it's not like they are going to publicly humiliate us. All a bit Over the top.

We all know about the City interest. It's pretty big in Italy, or at leat in Rome obviously. Yesterday at the final friendly the stadium speaker said something along the lines of 'wanted by many, staying forever'. Sure, not an offical statement from the club, but the speaker is an official employee who can't just shout anything he wants to thousands of people. It was most likely agreed.

To the disrespectful one above somewhere talking about De Rossi not wanting to win anything, I advice you to remember where you guys were without the help of some insanely rich guy. Roma is not a huge club, but it does have heart and history. So please, kindly feck off.

Im sorry mate, I am no psychologist but for a Roma fan to post on a Manchester City forum regarding a De Rossi transfer tells me you have some doubt about him leaving, even if it only of a small amount.

If you are so assured and confident he will stay, you would not think twice about this whole situation, yet you feel you have to back yourself and your fans by stating confidence on the City forum.

I'm proud that De Rossi, one of our homegrown players, is considered a world class player and I like talking about Roma. If a club who just won the PL wants him, it honours my club. I like it when other fans talk about my club and I like participating in such a discussion. I wouldn't do the same if you guys spoke german, french or spanish, simply because then I wouldn't be able to participate.

Cheadle Blue said:
dancity19 said:
Kompany is King said:
Out of interest, could you name a few who you think are alternatives.

Barry was the unsung hero of last season, and we clearly missed him yesterday. However, he is 31, will be slower, and has no pre season. He won't feature for a long time. There are a number of players we could get in who could do his job.

Can't really think of many (if any) that are available / or would come to us, that would IMPROVE the squad.

Ok, but I don't think we will see much of Barry this season. We need to get someone. It really depends how tight our pursestrings are this season, and ultimately we don't know this.

rci500 said:
sam-caddick said:
rci500 said:
We all know about the City interest. It's pretty big in Italy, or at leat in Rome obviously. Yesterday at the final friendly the stadium speaker said something along the lines of 'wanted by many, staying forever'. Sure, not an offical statement from the club, but the speaker is an official employee who can't just shout anything he wants to thousands of people. It was most likely agreed.

To the disrespectful one above somewhere talking about De Rossi not wanting to win anything, I advice you to remember where you guys were without the help of some insanely rich guy. Roma is not a huge club, but it does have heart and history. So please, kindly feck off.

Im sorry mate, I am no psychologist but for a Roma fan to post on a Manchester City forum regarding a De Rossi transfer tells me you have some doubt about him leaving, even if it only of a small amount.

If you are so assured and confident he will stay, you would not think twice about this whole situation, yet you feel you have to back yourself and your fans by stating confidence on the City forum.

I'm proud that De Rossi, one of our homegrown players, is considered a world class player and I like talking about Roma. If a club who just won the PL wants him, it honours my club. I like it when other fans talk about my club and I like participating in such a discussion. I wouldn't do the same if you guys spoke german, french or spanish, simply because then I wouldn't be able to participate.

You're welcome to Bluemoon as far as I'm concerned mate.

pavelsrnicek said:
dancity19 said:
Kompany is King said:

Barry was the unsung hero of last season, and we clearly missed him yesterday. However, he is 31, will be slower, and has no pre season. He won't feature for a long time. There are a number of players we could get in who could do his job.

the best and most likely alternative is martinez, even if that one is still a longshot, maybe at a push alonso as there could be an issue with his contract. it appears that there simply aren't that many regista types that are good enough and available without getting into ridiculous prices.

barry was brilliant for us last year and was missed yesterday but i think in europe he wasn't at his best.
Is Martinez really a deep lying playmaker? He just seems like someone who will keep the ball ticking over. Not seen enough of him to make a fair judgement though.

Kompany is King said:
LoveCity said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Still badly need a deep lying playmaker/ regista type for Champions League though and high quality players like that are very hard to come by but we live in hope.

I just can't see us ever winning the Champions League without a higher quality midfielder than Barry (who I love but do not think is good enough in Europe as we saw last season). His role is really important in the Champions League and the top clubs have better options than him. We aren't lucky enough to fluke our way (opponents missing penalties, hitting the woodwork 100 times) like Chelsea did and we'll have to get there by hard graft. I think Mancini's dogged pursuit of De Rossi suggests he believes this too, I just hope we have alternatives in mind as there are other fantastic midfielders out there we could buy for the sort of price we're supposed to have bid for DDR, who aren't loyalty bound to their club.

Realistic ones? I'd say Arturo Vidal who looks like a "perfect" midfielder (as in, he can do everything and has no major weaknesses) and plays for Juventus. As Juve are Italian champions this would not be an easy deal either but they are currently embroiled in another scandal with their manager suspended long-term and a big money bid could tempt them.

Axel Witsel who United and Real Madrid have strongly been linked to looks suited to the English style and proved himself at Champions League level last season with some really stellar performances. He can also play attacking midfielder and right wing such is his versatility.

And of course Javi Martinez whose move to Bayern has still not happened, indicating there is a dispute of some kind. He would be the ideal alternative to De Rossi but it depends how advanced his move to Bayern is.

The reason I didn't list someone like Sahin who is super talented and a better passer than the three above is I believe we need someone with good passing ability but who is also strong defensively as Yaya is not the greatest at defending in midfield, which is why Barry and De Jong (Rodwell now too) always play with him. Yesterday without a strong defensive presence in midfield our defence looked shaky and we were very vulnerable to the counter.

The other possibility is that the clubs are still talking and as yet have not come to an agreement ?..

If they think our offer is not good enough, then he wont be going anywhere....

I wish good luck in the season to both AS Roma and Daniele De Rossi.

Rammy Blue said:
I fucking hate us dealing with Italian clubs, nothing is ever bleeding easy.

I've had confidence in this deal happening as I've always thought the ridiculous wages they are paying him, since he signed his new deal, were to purely get through to this summer when we would come knocking and take him away.

I wonder whether one of our failings is that we do everything by the book, meaning we don't get involved in tapping up, as it's frigging annoying that we seem to chase these players without ever ascertaining whether they are keen on the move?

Not the end of the world if we don't get him, it just seems we waste a hell of a lot of time and resources before we now have to move onto other targets.

Anyway, always thought De Rossi was shite, and he's a ****.
He´s a worldclass player end of story!

oakiecokie said:
i♥city! said:
oakiecokie said:
Now I know you`re taking the piss !!!

Johnny English , You're back! What are the Russians planning this time?

I`ve got one of them to come over and just jab your arse with an infected umbrella.Best solution,seeing that you talk out of it.

You would rather worry about me than save the world ? How sweet. Hahaha . Quit making a fool of yourself Mr."i work for the spooks"

greasedupdeafguy said:
pavelsrnicek said:
dancity19 said:

the best and most likely alternative is martinez, even if that one is still a longshot, maybe at a push alonso as there could be an issue with his contract. it appears that there simply aren't that many regista types that are good enough and available without getting into ridiculous prices.

barry was brilliant for us last year and was missed yesterday but i think in europe he wasn't at his best.
Is Martinez really a deep lying playmaker? He just seems like someone who will keep the ball ticking over. Not seen enough of him to make a fair judgement though.
You've hit the nail on the head. No one really knows yet although many clubs and fans think he has the talent to be that player. It's a very, very expensive gamble though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.