De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernanes is an attacking midfielder who would only play in a deeper role if there was no one else to. (For Lazio).

Whoever's writing about him being a plan B after De Rossi doesn't know what they're talking about.

Why Always Ste said:
Nobody from what I see, seems to understand that we've signed a player such as Rodwell, and maybe Sinclair... who understand The league, and can play consistently in this league... which opens up more game time for the Champs League competition for the likes of NDJ (world cup finalist) and Yaya (champs league winner)

Sinclair/Rodwell are not CL intended players, they are for the league campaign.

They are good players, but equally they aren't starters who will help win us the league again. If we get rid of De Jong then I don't see Rodwell as an improvement (although I think he is good), and I am unsure of how much better Sinclair is than Johnson.

I understand your point, but it is a bit hopeful to be honest. You can't stand still in Football.

Why Always Ste said:
Nobody from what I see, seems to understand that we've signed a player such as Rodwell, and maybe Sinclair... who understand The league, and can play consistently in this league... which opens up more game time for the Champs League competition for the likes of NDJ (world cup finalist) and Yaya (champs league winner)

I'm sure that's meant to reassure me. Strangely, it doesn't:(

corky1970 said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
If the guy has a press conference to say he is staying then he sounds like a drama queen and we dont need any of them type...

Why not show Mancini respect and say no quietly ?

Maybe the speech will go along these lines..

" I was offered big big money and the promise of competing for big prizes in Europe and the Premier League, however after a lot of thought i have turned down the offer because i have no ambition to win anything in club football and i am comfy at Roma. "

Hard man my arse....

ill translate

we make up a transfer on here, a great player is linked, we froth at the mouth, argue about position he'd play, we then pray about invented tranfer, lots of sheep follow, we plead and plead to an invisible deal that noone has even confirmed, we shout at each other then the guy says hes going nowhere

then hes a **** ???

Hilarious but sadly true. It's all a dream

rci500 said:
dancity19 said:
Forzacitizens said:
A.S. Roma ‏@OfficialASRoma
Domani non perdete l'appuntamento con #Roma Channel: alle 15 conferenza di De Rossi in diretta e alle 17 prima parte dell'allenamento LIVE!

They are saying don't miss De Rossi's press conference tomorrow.

They wouldn't make it a big deal if he was leaving would they?

-- Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 pm --

A.S. Roma ‏@OfficialASRoma
Domani non perdete l'appuntamento con #Roma Channel: alle 15 conferenza di De Rossi in diretta e alle 17 prima parte dell'allenamento LIVE!

They are saying don't miss De Rossi's press conference tomorrow.

They wouldn't make it a big deal if he was leaving would they?

That's the most concrete thing we have heard so far to be fair, and doesn't sound particularly promising.

If a big deal of this has been made in Italy, and the fans are aware of the possibility, they wouldn't excite them over a Press Conference where he would announce he was leaving.

If it is to say he is staying, though, I agree with others in that it is a bit OTT considering not a lot has been reported. I bet most other fans don't even know we are linked with him so it's not like they are going to publicly humiliate us. All a bit Over the top.

We all know about the City interest. It's pretty big in Italy, or at leat in Rome obviously. Yesterday at the final friendly the stadium speaker said something along the lines of 'wanted by many, staying forever'. Sure, not an offical statement from the club, but the speaker is an official employee who can't just shout anything he wants to thousands of people. It was most likely agreed.

To the disrespectful one above somewhere talking about De Rossi not wanting to win anything, I advice you to remember where you guys were without the help of some insanely rich guy. Roma is not a huge club, but it does have heart and history. So please, kindly feck off.

But it is only really being reported in Italy; too much of a song and dance to have a Press Conference just to say he is leaving. It is not like we have been openly pursuing him for months.

dancity19 said:
rci500 said:
dancity19 said:
That's the most concrete thing we have heard so far to be fair, and doesn't sound particularly promising.

If a big deal of this has been made in Italy, and the fans are aware of the possibility, they wouldn't excite them over a Press Conference where he would announce he was leaving.

If it is to say he is staying, though, I agree with others in that it is a bit OTT considering not a lot has been reported. I bet most other fans don't even know we are linked with him so it's not like they are going to publicly humiliate us. All a bit Over the top.

We all know about the City interest. It's pretty big in Italy, or at leat in Rome obviously. Yesterday at the final friendly the stadium speaker said something along the lines of 'wanted by many, staying forever'. Sure, not an offical statement from the club, but the speaker is an official employee who can't just shout anything he wants to thousands of people. It was most likely agreed.

To the disrespectful one above somewhere talking about De Rossi not wanting to win anything, I advice you to remember where you guys were without the help of some insanely rich guy. Roma is not a huge club, but it does have heart and history. So please, kindly feck off.

But it is only really being reported in Italy; too much of a song and dance to have a Press Conference just to say he is leaving. It is not like we have been openly pursuing him for months.

All the players of Roma have had a pre-season press conference. It's, conveniently, his turn.

oakiecokie said:
i♥city! said:
taconinja said:
This fellow on twitter says Hernanes might be an alternative. I must admit I'm not familiar with him? Anyone have thoughts on Hernanes?

Media hype = Huge transfer fee . I would rather go with the guy from Celtic . Having played in the Scottish league , i am sure Wanyama has an idea of how the English game works .

Now I know you`re taking the piss !!!

Johnny English , You're back! What are the Russians planning this time?

Davs 19 said:
Why Always Ste said:

Whoppy Doo, go take your Anxiety meds.

When do these kids go back to school?

I'm not saying they are complete replacements, I'm saying it allows for more focus on the CL for the players with more experience in the CL, rather than having to battle for the league on their own as well.

Sinclair is not world class, but he isn't intended to be... he can however perform consistently in the prem.

dancity19 said:
rci500 said:
dancity19 said:

The press conference is something they do at the start of every season for each player, it as been mentioned on here a few times people keep missing this bit and putting something else into the press conference thing.

I'll give it another 2 pages before someone says why have a press conference about him staying or leaving

Why Always Ste said:
Davs 19 said:
Why Always Ste said:

Whoppy Doo, go take your Anxiety meds.

When do these kids go back to school?

I'm not saying they are complete replacements, I'm saying it allows for more focus on the CL for the players with more experience in the CL, rather than having to battle for the league on their own as well.

Sinclair is not world class, but he isn't intended to be... he can however perform consistently in the prem.
Mind backing off on the insults, please? You want to debate players' merits, I'm up for that all day and all night. Want to throw around sneering condescension because someone disagrees with you? Tough.

So you basically said that these two allow De Jong and Toure to rest for the CL. I'm not seeing it. Neither of them seem up to giving De Jong/Barry a rest and neither of them fill me with confidence if Toure is going to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.