De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Always Ste said:
Davs 19 said:
Why Always Ste said:
Nobody from what I see, seems to understand that we've signed a player such as Rodwell, and maybe Sinclair... who understand The league, and can play consistently in this league... which opens up more game time for the Champs League competition for the likes of NDJ (world cup finalist) and Yaya (champs league winner)

Sinclair/Rodwell are not CL intended players, they are for the league campaign.

I'm sure that's meant to reassure me. Strangely, it doesn't:(

Whoppy Doo, go take your Anxiety meds.

When do these kids go back to school?

I'm not saying they are complete replacements, I'm saying it allows for more focus on the CL for the players with more experience in the CL, rather than having to battle for the league on their own as well.

Sinclair is not world class, but he isn't intended to be... he can however perform consistently in the prem.

Ahhhh...the old when do the kids go back to school one; really intelligent that. Someone doesn't agree with you, so they are a kid.

Sinclair will add something, yes. He can perform on a consistent level; what level is that though, Swansea level or City level.

There is no easy game in the Prem, and Mancini won't want to rest players just to save them for the Champions League Game if they are not top quality. Sinclair will give us something different, but I see him as an impact sub when things aren't working, or a starter against the weaker teams.

Why Always Ste said:
Davs 19 said:
Why Always Ste said:
Nobody from what I see, seems to understand that we've signed a player such as Rodwell, and maybe Sinclair... who understand The league, and can play consistently in this league... which opens up more game time for the Champs League competition for the likes of NDJ (world cup finalist) and Yaya (champs league winner)

Sinclair/Rodwell are not CL intended players, they are for the league campaign.

I'm sure that's meant to reassure me. Strangely, it doesn't:(

Whoppy Doo, go take your Anxiety meds.

When do these kids go back to school?

I'm not saying they are complete replacements, I'm saying it allows for more focus on the CL for the players with more experience in the CL, rather than having to battle for the league on their own as well.

Sinclair is not world class, but he isn't intended to be... he can however perform consistently in the prem.

Ok, calm down tiger.....I'll take my 'anxiety' meds if you take your 'sense of humour' meds......

LoveCity said:
Very very small-time, he could have grabbed a microphone yesterday and said "I'm staying!". No wonder Serie A has such low credibility (Juventus aside and they have their demons too from the fixing scandal) these days, the club presidents are all comedians and the clubs turn everything into a pantomime..

Italian football appears to be in a bit of a mess at the moment, Milan are retrenching heavily, Juve's coach has been banned and Inter have been bailed out by Chinese investors. i'm sure Roma are feeling the same pinch, if we offered enough they'd accept it, regardless of any supporter backlash but it happens that DDR has good reason to stay in Rome i.e. his daughter, so they'll milk his staying as some sort of PR coup. We could never sell etc. L

Still the same people who are saying de Rossi's staying are saying we may get Jovetic, so may not be all bad news. Still badly need a deep lying playmaker/ regista type for Champions League though and high quality players like that are very hard to come by but we live in hope.

What is the possibility that he is having the conference for business purposes?

Get high attention, sign few advertisement contract (big italian brand) to show during the conference, just to say that he is staying.

He will gain more respect from the romans, as well as some money from the advertisment.

I don't know, but i find it strange to call for a conference just to say that he is not moving.

FFS. This press conference is part of the clubs strategy before the season opens. There have already have been press conferences for other players. De Rossi's is up next, thats all there is to it.

shootmeifipost10k said:
dancity19 said:
rci500 said:
We all know about the City interest. It's pretty big in Italy, or at leat in Rome obviously. Yesterday at the final friendly the stadium speaker said something along the lines of 'wanted by many, staying forever'. Sure, not an offical statement from the club, but the speaker is an official employee who can't just shout anything he wants to thousands of people. It was most likely agreed.

To the disrespectful one above somewhere talking about De Rossi not wanting to win anything, I advice you to remember where you guys were without the help of some insanely rich guy. Roma is not a huge club, but it does have heart and history. So please, kindly feck off.

But it is only really being reported in Italy; too much of a song and dance to have a Press Conference just to say he is leaving. It is not like we have been openly pursuing him for months.

The press conference is something they do at the start of every season for each player, it as been mentioned on here a few times people keep missing this bit and putting something else into the press conference thing.

I'll give it another 2 pages before someone says why have a press conference about him staying or leaving

I know, I have been saying that all day. I was sure it was not going to be about city at all....see my earlier posts.

But if Roma have officially tweeted not to miss the Press Conference, that is the most concrete evidence we have heard so far, and it does suggest that he will be pledging his future, if that is what the Roma fans were worried about.

i♥city! said:
oakiecokie said:
i♥city! said:
Media hype = Huge transfer fee . I would rather go with the guy from Celtic . Having played in the Scottish league , i am sure Wanyama has an idea of how the English game works .

Now I know you`re taking the piss !!!

Johnny English , You're back! What are the Russians planning this time?

I`ve got one of them to come over and just jab your arse with an infected umbrella.Best solution,seeing that you talk out of it.

This from Gab Marcotti this afternoon re the press conference, sorry if Thaitanic:

Manchester City's interest in De Rossi has been well documented. He would add depth to the midfield (Nigel de Jong's contract is running out, and he doesn't seem to figure into Roberto Mancini's long-term plans) and, possibly, to central defense if City opt for a back three. (De Rossi did well there against Spain in the Euros.)

Roma has said it would take a "monstrous" offer for it to consider a sale. What's monstrous? Given that he's 29, Roma-born, bred and buttered, probably something in the $35 million to $40 million range. Plus, new boss Zdenek Zeman reportedly doesn't see him as indispensable to his tactical vision, unlike some of his predecessors.

But here's the twist. De Rossi earns nearly $7.4 million a season after tax. For him to leave Roma, the club he's been at all his life (and where his dad is a youth team coach), he would need a sizable bump in pay, some say to as much as $11 million after tax. That's $22 million gross in the Premier League, which would make him one of the highest-paid players in England. In other words, it would be an extremely pricey deal for City and one with obvious knock-on consequences. If, say, Sergio Aguero has the kind of season he had last year, you can just imagine him knocking on Mancini's door and wanting a raise of his own, and it would be hard for the club to tell him he's not worth as much as De Rossi.

I have no idea what De Rossi will say Tuesday. (Zeman says "he'll stay," but money talks.) I would imagine, however, that the only way this deal happens is if Roma and De Rossi sell it as their making the ultimate sacrifice for the love of the club. And, equally, if City frees up some cash by finding homes for some of the excess baggage in the playing squad.

pavelsrnicek said:
Still badly need a deep lying playmaker/ regista type for Champions League though and high quality players like that are very hard to come by but we live in hope.

I just can't see us ever winning the Champions League without a higher quality midfielder than Barry (who I love but do not think is good enough in Europe as we saw last season). His role is really important in the Champions League and the top clubs have better options than him. We aren't lucky enough to fluke our way (opponents missing penalties, hitting the woodwork 100 times) like Chelsea did and we'll have to get there by hard graft. I think Mancini's dogged pursuit of De Rossi suggests he believes this too, I just hope we have alternatives in mind as there are other fantastic midfielders out there we could buy for the sort of price we're supposed to have bid for DDR, who aren't loyalty bound to their club.

i♥city! said:
pudge said:
i♥city! said:
Media hype = Huge transfer fee . I would rather go with the guy from Celtic . Having played in the Scottish league , i am sure Wanyama has an idea of how the English game works .
League 2 maybe but not premiership standard

Wanyama not PL standard?
More a knock on the SPL standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.