De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laserblue said:
cityyy said:
laserblue said:
Roma's Storia is 3 titles, 9 coppa wins and one Fairs Cup win. Not too dissimilar to City's history. More importantly City are in line to win more trophies in the next few seasons. Roma are a club that's in line to win absolutely nothing in the foreseeable future. They didn't even make the Europa League this season.

Actually Roma is predicted to be 2nd this season just after Juventus. Plus Conte got banned for 12 months so it wouldnt be huge suprise if Roma wins Serie A this year.

Well I hope he enjoys his runners up medal. Oh hang on...

lol.

He's probably used to it by now...

Runners-up

Serie A (5): 2003–04, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2009–10

GaudinoMotors said:
themadinventor said:
Mrmcfc said:
Ah the old false sense of grandeur.
get off your high horse mate, you're acting like a right prick.

Aw didums not sign for us wa wa waaaa, instead of taking a pop at me why don't you try to scream and scream and scream until your sick !! lol

Have you 2 got new pencil cases?
No!
why do you think I'm so upset?
:(

BoyBlue_1985 said:
CityPar said:
Ifwecouldjust....... said:
The end is in sight for Marwood methinks........

Granted the transfer window for us has been a little on the underwhelming side but there's still 10 days to go! Who knows what Marwood could achieve in that time......it's just a pity we appear to have wasted alot time on "unachieveable" targets.
For the love of god we were NEVER in for DDR

Perhaps if you read properly what I said?? That's why I said appear!! IMO I believe City could be allowing that particular circus to go on whilst trying to do another deal elsewhere.....only surmising though.

cityyy said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
CityPar said:
Granted the transfer window for us has been a little on the underwhelming side but there's still 10 days to go! Who knows what Marwood could achieve in that time......it's just a pity we appear to have wasted alot time on "unachieveable" targets.

DDR said in the interview that Mancini indeed had called him and tried to pursue him to come to City. DDR replied now it's not the time to move. DDR have never said he will remain in Rome for his whole career.

I as a Roma fan found that conference a bit shady. It was like DDR saying i might move on in January or next summer.
That doesn't mean we were really in for him. That means Mancini wanted him was told no, job done

Some very embarrassing posts in this thread.

Roma are a big club. We've won next to nowt in our history compared to dozens of clubs all around Europe, never mind England, yet people are questioning Roma who have a very similar success rate as City and have actually been a bigger club than us for about three decades now.

Plus people saying De Rossi lacks ambition? Or is it a reality that he's just not a glory hunting sell-out who'll just move anywhere for the money and a chance of trophies. Fair play and good luck to him, i say.

cityyy said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
CityPar said:

DDR said in the interview that Mancini indeed had called him and tried to pursue him to come to City. DDR replied now it's not the time to move. DDR have never said he will remain in Rome for his whole career.

I as a Roma fan found that conference a bit shady. It was like DDR saying i might move on in January or next summer.

De Rossi is being extremely brave in approach then because sometimes opportunites only arrive every now and again. At the age of 29 time is ticking and at 30 I cannot see many people breaking a nut to get him whilst he is locked into a loooooong contract. Best time to move was 6 months ago or now (if we have put a bid in), waiting for longer means we will probably have a player instead of him and not the space and hsi opportunites will be limited due to age. Only Italian clubs and PSG will go in for him I assume which leaves just PSG, if he moves it's there imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.