De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems very likely that De Rossi will sign his deal but this could mean nothing as his demand is that they put in the clause that lets him leave at the end of the season if he likes for what would still be a bargain price of around £12million. That clause seems to be the only hold up but you can understand De Rossi being torn between loyalty and ambition and the clause would allow him a get-out if Roma miss out on the Champions League. Roma are 6th at the moment and because of their falling coefficient Serie A only have three Champions League spots now that the Bundesliga has overtaken them although that could be subject to change I suppose if the Milans keep progressing.

zlaz3r said:
Anyone got any news about this?? its all gone strangely silent....

He said himself he would tell the fans once the decision was made, and that he had made his mind up, but hmm very very quite for some reason ???

No updates recently, but I'd guess it's about a .000001% chance he signs for us at this point. Would absolutely love to be wrong though.

johnmc said:
Everyone has the feeling he is staying loyal to roma. But why the delay. If he was staying why drag it out?

The delay I think is getting Roma to agree to his get-out clause.

LoveCity said:
Well it seems very likely that De Rossi will sign his deal but this could mean nothing as his demand is that they put in the clause that lets him leave at the end of the season if he likes for what would still be a bargain price of around £12million. That clause seems to be the only hold up but you can understand De Rossi being torn between loyalty and ambition and the clause would allow him a get-out if Roma miss out on the Champions League. Roma are 6th at the moment and because of their falling coefficient Serie A only have three Champions League spots now that the Bundesliga has overtaken them although that could be subject to change I suppose if the Milans keep progressing.

My guess is Roma ultimately will want to keep him but they won't want to pay over the odds, could be some naughty delaying tactics in play to get a better deal after the window has closed as he is then in a position of being able to say i want this much or i'm gone in the summer on a free.

I'll tell you now DDR will not leave Roma or else he would of already, City obviously tabled a big offer and it hasn't been taken, that points to a new contract.

LoveCity said:

Roma have to finish 3rd or higher regardless - Italy are stuck with 3 CL slots for 2012/13 season, UEFA's country rankings (as opposed to club coefficients) are calculated a season in advance in order that clubs know at the start of each season where they have to finish to qualify. Any impact the Milan clubs and Napoli have this season will only be seen in the country rankings for 2013/14 season.

johnmc said:
waspish said:
He'll sign his contract on Monday or Tuesday I predict

You mean he will sign it before the transfer window shuts. Think that's a given.

Or he doesn't sign his contract at all free in summer with lots of clubs cueing up to get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.