De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anything is going to happen with De Rossi, but, supposedly Roma and Michael Bradley from the U.S. have everything done but personal terms. He had a really good last half of the season at Chievo and I can't imagine the US's best player (in my opinion) leaving to sit the bench at Roma. Plays a similar position to de rossi so we can still wish I guess.

unlikelyfan19 said:
I don't think anything is going to happen with De Rossi, but, supposedly Roma and Michael Bradley from the U.S. have everything done but personal terms. He had a really good last half of the season at Chievo and I can't imagine the US's best player (in my opinion) leaving to sit the bench at Roma. Plays a similar position to de rossi so we can still wish I guess.
1. Bradley is not the US's best player (My opinion).
2. He sat on the bench of smaller teams, so surely he can seat on Roma's.

Dax777 said:
unlikelyfan19 said:

With respect, its very close between him and Dempsey at the moment. Bradley preforms better for the National team id say though. Also, I find it hard to believe MB would leave a great situation he had in Chievo to go sit the bench for a team that is not guaranteed champions league football any time soon. Although this is a De Rossi thread so i apologize for getting off topic. Ill just say that if De Rossi comes here ill be shocked. Mancini said it best Romans dont leave Roma.

Dax777 said:
unlikelyfan19 said:

1 is debateable but devoid of the point, 2 is an overstatement.

Michael Bradley has made several transfer in the past few years in the name of playing time and development. He started out largely as a player who plays on both sides of the ball making long gallops. Similar to the way Milner played central midfield occasionally for Villa. But now he is a regista in the vain of Pirlo/Scholes.

He is excelling at a tremendous rate and like many Americans he seems to have peaked much later than expected considering his pro career began some 8 years ago.

I'd say that if Roma are in for Bradley, they certainly aren't taking him on tours of pitchside benches.

Very unlikely they are and these are just rumours tied to the American ownership of the club.

alky313 said:
Dax777 said:
unlikelyfan19 said:

Michael Bradley has made several transfer in the past few years in the name of playing time and development. He started out largely as a player who plays on both sides of the ball making long gallops. Similar to the way Milner played central midfield occasionally for Villa. But now he is a regista in the vain of Pirlo/Scholes.

He is excelling at a tremendous rate and like many Americans he seems to have peaked much later than expected considering his pro career began some 8 years ago.

I'd say that if Roma are in for Bradley, they certainly aren't taking him on tours of pitchside benches.

Very unlikely they are and these are just rumours tied to the American ownership of the club.

This is an interesting point and something I'd enjoy talking about at length at some point. I wonder if it's solely down to how we handle "amateur" kids though. Europe/South America et all move their kids with promise into club(professional) training programs as quickly as possible to maximize their potential. Our kids we force to play for their middle/high school and then attend college for 2-4 years playing for their college. All of those institutions are inferior to a club training program. Obviously not a topic for this thread but I do wonder how America can change that and create a more focused training situation for our kids as you all do.

The only competition Bradley has for best US player is Dempsey. No one else close at the moment.

They said on the telly during the final that he was suffering with sciatica does anyone know more if this is likely to be a serious problem?

DalbeyINUK said:
alky313 said:
Dax777 said:

This is an interesting point and something I'd enjoy talking about at length at some point. I wonder if it's solely down to how we handle "amateur" kids though. Europe/South America et all move their kids with promise into club(professional) training programs as quickly as possible to maximize their potential. Our kids we force to play for their middle/high school and then attend college for 2-4 years playing for their college. All of those institutions are inferior to a club training program. Obviously not a topic for this thread but I do wonder how America can change that and create a more focused training situation for our kids as you all do.

I think it's comes down to pay to play and experience at a young age. The Americans are world class athletes compared to some English players whom drink excessively. The US needs a judgement free, money free system for player or else it just won't work. A family member of mine plays football in Boston for a youth team and the cost is incredible. It makes me wonder how many world class athletes avoid the sport for cheaper options.

Word is that Bradley has undergone a medical and will sign for Roma tomorrow.

Young Blue said:
They said on the telly during the final that he was suffering with sciatica does anyone know more if this is likely to be a serious problem?

It does tend to be a chronic problem,often debilitating and flaring up without warning - not ideal for a footballer......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.