De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Witsel is a good alternative to DDR shout but I raise you Joao Moutinho, a super midfielder with great passing range. Song's complete lack of defensive discipline rules him out, as mentioned Mancini wouldn't stand for it.

Very good player but I would say he is better advacning than protecting. I see him as a CM/CAM rather than CDM/CM which is what we need (pretty much as you say). Marvellous set piece taker too as it goes ;)

LoveCity said:
Witsel is a good alternative to DDR shout but I raise you Joao Moutinho, a super midfielder with great passing range. Song's complete lack of defensive discipline rules him out, as mentioned Mancini wouldn't stand for it.

Song may have a lack of discipline but he is far superior than Moutinho in every aspect of a defensive midfield role. Moutinho is a good player, but you couldn't play him as your only holding/ defensive midfielder.

Matt.D said:
LoveCity said:

Song may have a lack of discipline but he is far superior than Moutinho in every aspect of a defensive midfield role. Moutinho is a good player, but you couldn't play him as your only holding/ defensive midfielder.
No, you'd play him alongside Yaya in the defensive roles for the first 70 mins of the game. That would be my first choice setup if we signed him anyway. It's not like Moutinho can't tackle and doesn't have any defensive awareness because he does, a lot more than you're giving him credit for actually. Either that or you're massively overrating Song's defensive abilities.

Joehannes said:
Matt.D said:
LoveCity said:

No, you'd play him alongside Yaya in the defensive roles for the first 70 mins of the game. That would be my first choice setup if we signed him anyway. It's not like Moutinho can't tackle and doesn't have any defensive awareness because he does, a lot more than you're giving him credit for actually. Either that or you're massively overrating Song's defensive abilities.

I've not praised song anywhere in that post, I was arguing the point that you could never play Moutinho as a defensive midfielder on his own. Song has better athleticism and is a better and tougher tackler. I'm not disputing he lacks discipline.

Yaya could be your only holding player no problem but then it takes a lot out of his game. He wouldn't still be able to venture forward and be lazy and trotting back into defence the way he often does after a run forward if there was only Moutinho alongside him in the middle. Id say de Jong or Barry, with Moutinho alongside them and yaya more advanced would work well. But im not convinced Moutinho is the type of player we need in any case.

I know de Rossi would be first choice but at the minute it is looking unlikely.

On here a lot of people seem to classify Modric as a poor mans silva,but the two are completely different players. Modric could play in the midfield slot beside yaya. Honestly think he would be a great addition and take us to the next level. 25m+ Ade would be a great deal for us.

Keep the faith chasing De shadow sorry de Rossi!!

Meanwhile, Madrid is closing on Witsel ;(

I'd be absolutely gutted if miss out on Axtel, great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.