De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
dillbi95 said:
mcfc2607 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Why not? There is not a great deal between them. FFS some people act like De Jong is a bloody Championship player at times...
This. De jong is world class.
Calm your hype, i didnt say that one was shit and the other world class did i?
Im saying they are different players. De jong is more of a anchor man where as DDR is mainly a DLP. Which we need. If NDJ and DDR were the same type of players i dont think we would be going after him. But they arnt....

oh and before you start crying about this aswell, i think De Jong is a world class player...

De Rossi is not DLP. He can play as box-to-box or anchor man but his primary skills are defensive.

Bazzmand Show said:
dillbi95 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I know DDR is a great player but so is NDJ.

What I don't get is why we would consider spending 20 plus million on a player that is 29 when NDJ is only 27? I know he is in the last year of his contract but seems a little odd not to give him the pay rise he wants. Appears we are just going to spend NDJ's pay rise on a player 2 years his senior.
please don't tell me your comparing NDJ to DDR?

Why not? There is not a great deal between them. FFS some people act like De Jong is a bloody Championship player at times...

Take De Jong, add the leadership of Kompany, the passing ability of Scholes/Pizzaro and the forward runs of Yaya Toure then you've got yourself De Rossi.

20sbc07 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
dillbi95 said:

Take De Jong, add the leadership of Kompany, the passing ability of Scholes/Pizzaro and the forward runs of Yaya Toure then you've got yourself De Rossi.

He is a top player no doubting that.I would love City to sign him but your description of him may be going a small bit overboard.

20sbc07 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
dillbi95 said:

You are significantly overrating De Rossi there mate. He is not on the same level as Toure, Technically or pace wise. I saw the Milan Roma game earlier in the year and Muntari, an average player, destroyed De Rossi on several occasions. A lot of people on here seem to be judging there opinion of De Rossi on heresay, rather than facts.

SilvaSurfer said:
20sbc07 said:
Bazzmand Show said:

He is a top player no doubting that.I would love City to sign him but your description of him may be going a small bit overboard.

Ok yeah I may have exaggerated a bit there, I was just meaning that his command of midfield, his passing ability and his forward runs are attributes De Jong doesn't have which puts him on a completely different level.

Bazzmand Show said:
I just don't see the point in pissing 25 mill+ on a 29 year old midfielder, when we have an absolute quality CM (De Jong), in the final year. Why not get that sorted, then try get in a much younger and cheaper player than De Rossi. This is why I don't think Bobbies the most savvy of managers, wants rid of Dzeko in order to get VP, when that doesn't happen he has a bit of a moan. It's him that has not got the best out of Edin yet, not the other way round...

The difference between De Jong and De Rossi is that De Rossi is very good attacking when he pulls forward and can create from the back. Nigel is fine when he's paired with Yaya, but as a replacement for Yaya it leaves a massive creative gap in our midfield. If we could sell De Jong for 8 to 10 mil and bring in De Rossi for 25-35m it would be for insurance in the instance Yaya goes down with an injury or goes to AFCON. A defensive midfield of De Jong and Barry simply isn't going to cut it in European play, or even as evidenced by last year, top Premier League sides.

EDIT: And Barry is out for a month or more himself, so bringing in a CDM is big.

SuperbiaInProlelio said:
Bazzmand Show said:
I just don't see the point in pissing 25 mill+ on a 29 year old midfielder, when we have an absolute quality CM (De Jong), in the final year. Why not get that sorted, then try get in a much younger and cheaper player than De Rossi. This is why I don't think Bobbies the most savvy of managers, wants rid of Dzeko in order to get VP, when that doesn't happen he has a bit of a moan. It's him that has not got the best out of Edin yet, not the other way round...

The difference between De Jong and De Rossi is that De Rossi is very good attacking when he pulls forward and can create from the back. Nigel is fine when he's paired with Yaya, but as a replacement for Yaya it leaves a massive creative gap in our midfield. If we could sell De Jong for 8 to 10 mil and bring in De Rossi for 25-35m it would be for insurance in the instance Yaya goes down with an injury or goes to AFCON. A defensive midfield of De Jong and Barry simply isn't going to cut it in European play, or even as evidenced by last year, top Premier League sides.

Won't get 8 million for NDJ, though you're description of the perils of keeping him are spot on.

SuperbiaInProlelio said:
Bazzmand Show said:

EDIT: And Barry is out for a month or more himself, so bringing in a CDM is big.

damn! I totally forgot about Barry's injury!! It is amazing the little details you forget when you get so caught up in other transfers.

Please come Daniele!!!!!!

20sbc07 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
dillbi95 said:

Haha, he is a great player but you are overrating him a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.