Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ACL tear is hardly a career threating injury. This is 2019 for fucks sake. He'll be back to his normal self this time next year at the latest.

Leroy Sane's cruciate ligament injury has cost him £20.8million-a-year (£400,000-a-week) contract with Bayern Munich. He needs surgery on his right knee after damaging his ACL - scuppering any chance of a move. Bayern were ready to pay £110m plus add-ons for Sane. [@MailSport]

I doubt the figures are correct,i can't see them paying him that much

And perhaps a lesson for players / agents that you never know what's round the corner when you stall on a contract / play clubs off against each other. Much as I respect the agent trying to get the client the most money, the fact is that if leroy had already signed the extension he'd be a multimillionaire even if post surgery he ends up as the next Paul Lake or God forbid, Danny Mills.

Yep and why he will sign a new contract with us.

I was on Twitter today and it was very funny to see the fans of the Bavarian Bully Boys. They were going crazy about Bayern being angry about Leroy playing on Sunday. They absolutely hate the fact that we have stood to them. They are so used to ‘inferior’ teams rolling over and having their tummies tickled.

Leroy Sane's cruciate ligament injury has cost him £20.8million-a-year (£400,000-a-week) contract with Bayern Munich. He needs surgery on his right knee after damaging his ACL - scuppering any chance of a move. Bayern were ready to pay £110m plus add-ons for Sane. [@MailSport]

I doubt the figures are correct,i can't see them paying him that much
If Derby can fudge the numbers with a sponsor to pay Rooney £100k a week, Bayern can find big sums somewhere.

Few City fans who had been following this transfer expected him to move anyway. Esepcially after he played in the CS as it demonstrated that despite every trick in the book from Bayern he had not asked City for a move. It really makes no sense for him to wait until August if he had an intention of leaving.

At the moment, I don't see why he can't recover and make it back for the end of the season.

And perhaps a lesson for players / agents that you never know what's round the corner when you stall on a contract / play clubs off against each other. Much as I respect the agent trying to get the client the most money, the fact is that if leroy had already signed the extension he'd be a multimillionaire even if post surgery he ends up as the next Paul Lake or God forbid, Danny Mills.

He should be okay given the medical advances in the treatment of such injuries these days, but of course there are no cast iron guarantees.

We will miss him for sure, a good player with his pace to fetch on if games are tight. I agree though that himself, his family and his agent have strung this out for a long time now. My gut feeling is he wanted to go to Bayern but that is probably scuppered for at least a year now. Everyone loses really. It might sound harsh but I am a City fan first before any player loyalty and if he is stuck on his old contract until he recovers then him and his entourage have only themselves to blame. It isn't exactly the minimum wage is it?

I never thought my hatred of another club could approach that of ManUre, but The Dippers are right up there. The dirty skid marks...
Actually they surpassed the scum some while ago in my book. Perhaps in part by the scum becoming a bit of a joke these days.

But honestly even at their worst, I don't remember the scum being so utterly vile as Liverpool and their revolting supporters have become nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.