Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, if he is making a team better, than you play him in fucking CL final, no matter if he leaves tomorrow. No need to play him in PL if we're out of the title race and we probably will be, better to play kids, but I'd play him in any cup final we'd eventually play as he'd make us better (if fit 100% and all that) and we'd have better chance to win them. Same reason we played Kompany in our title run last season, despite knowing he's off.
Indeed.

If he was taking a flight to Bayern the morning after the CL final to sign for them I’d still play him in the CL final if it gave us the best chance of winning.

Exactly.For all his silky skills he`s still a miserable fuck who often gets a cob on when he`s not picked or subbed.Sooner have someone who wants to be here,irrespective of how he can change a game but he has to show more consistency for me.
Wonderful talent when he can be bothered, which is a real shame as he could be a true world beater.If only he had the guile of Sterling.

I would also get a cob on if I was made a scapegoat by the manager every time something doesn't go well. I love Pep but nobody will convince me that he doesn't treat Sane differently from other players. Bravo, Stones, Walker, Gundogan and Sterling to name a few, have all had runs in the side where they have performed at a level below anything Sane has produced. In Gundogans case, his bad form lasted for 2 seasons and he was still getting picked. Stones is one of the softest CBs I have ever seen at the top level but ask Pep and he will tell you Stones has massive balls. In comparison, Sane has a bad touch and Pep is visibly angry on the touchline. The bad touch turns into a bad half and he gets dropped for 3 games.

Sane is one of the hottest young properties in World football and would have the pick of any club, why would he hang around here if he feels he doesn't have the trust of his manager?

No he doesn’t! He’s been very professional about his in-and-our selections. He’s spoken very maturely about it.
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.He`s a fucking mard arse and always shows he`s not up to being part of a team.Mature my arse thats the last thing he shows.I like the lad as a player but I wont be arsed if he stays or goes.
He`s not setting his heights well enough if he wants to sign for a team who are in free fall.The new Rags and Gooners are that team.

He did, when he repeatedly refused to sign the contracts offered to him.

Pep literally said before the community shield that they'd been trying to get him to sign for 18 months, and at the beginning of the summer they thought he might, and then he changed his mind
He can be brilliant, or he can be the player we saw all spring who was getting constantly bollocked by Pep before getting taken off early, and that's in the few games he started.

Not to mention if he's anything like Mendy or Gundogan or De Bruyne after their knee injuries he's going to be a shadow of his former self for at least a few months.

Anyone who thinks Sané is going to come back and be world class is deluding themselves.
He has to come back at some point, and the sooner the better.

Agree about your points re recovery. It may take weeks.

He got bollocked once and taken off early twice. There was nothing constant about it.

He’s not world class yet anyway. He’s just a very good talent. But he’s the best left winger at the club.

He got bollocked every time he played, you can go back and check the player thread from last season if you need reminding, everyone was convinced he was gone because the relationship with Pep looked awful. Taken off early 3 times, which doesn't sound like much until you remember he only started 5 games after Newcastle, and two of those were when we put out B teams in between CL ties. Wasn't trusted to start in any of the Champions League KO games (except when we were 7-0 up) wasn't trusted in the cup finals.

We've struggled this season and people have invented this idealised version of Sané that doesn't exist, and that was before the catastrophic knee injury.

And just to address you point about Sterling turning down a contract...he delayed it by about 3 months. Sané will have been rejecting deals for 2 years by the time he's back on the pitch.

I would also get a cob on if I was made a scapegoat by the manager every time something doesn't go well. I love Pep but nobody will convince me that he doesn't treat Sane differently from other players. Bravo, Stones, Walker, Gundogan and Sterling to name a few, have all had runs in the side where they have performed at a level below anything Sane has produced. In Gundogans case, his bad form lasted for 2 seasons and he was still getting picked. Stones is one of the softest CBs I have ever seen at the top level but ask Pep and he will tell you Stones has massive balls. In comparison, Sane has a bad touch and Pep is visibly angry on the touchline. The bad touch turns into a bad half and he gets dropped for 3 games.

Sane is one of the hottest young properties in World football and would have the pick of any club, why would he hang around here if he feels he doesn't have the trust of his manager?
Scapegoat !! He needs to show a consitant level something he clearly lacked prior to his injury.He had a face like a smacked arse on many an occasion.If you don`t want to be made a scapegoat then do something about it.Either pull your finger out or fuck off somewhere else.Pep was loosing patience with him and nothing to do with being made a scapegoat.

Scapegoat !! He needs to show a consitant level something he clearly lacked prior to his injury.He had a face like a smacked arse on many an occasion.If you don`t want to be made a scapegoat then do something about it.Either pull your finger out or fuck off somewhere else.Pep was loosing patience with him and nothing to do with being made a scapegoat.
The only players in our entire squad showing a consistant level this season are Fernandinho and Walker.

You make it sound like he played every week for 2 years and then all of sudden Pep dropped him after a bad run of form and he didn't like it. Sane would be unplayable for weeks, have a bad game and be dropped. Who else is treated like that in this side? Nobody. If Sane had been playing like Sterling has for the past 3 months, do you think he would still be getting picked every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.