Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri's an interesting one. Apparently, he wanted to play a more positive and offensive "brand" of football at Atletico but Simeone was having none of it. If it's true, I've grown to respect him just that little bit more. Seeing him play makes me think he's a highly intelligent man and footballer who's going to be a huge and integral asset to City's evolution.
This player is going to be one hell of a "find" for our club over the next few years.

He has a contract, that's why we should play him.
Tevez comes to mind. Idling way his time playing golf, City are wobbling on the final stretch towards their first Premier League title and he returns to play a small part in steadying the ship and the cheeky bugger has the gall to celebrate with a golf shot at the corner flag.

This player is going to be one hell of a "find" for our club over the next few years.
He's class. What strikes me most his ability to pass - square, back and forward with both feet under some intense pressure. Once he has a season under his belt there's the chance that what we are seeing is just the tip of the iceberg.

And if Leroy needed to show a more consistent level, nearly all of them do this season. It happens, it’s football. Doesn’t mean they’re not great players worth wanting to keep. Same with Sané. Even with supposed inconsistencies he’s got a ridiculous goals and assists contribution for the flub per minutes played.

Once it really clicks with Leroy he’ll be truly world class. And I’m not worried about that happening, it’s not like he’s Balotelli or Denilson. I think he looks like he’s going to be an exceptional player.

Hopefully that’s with us.

Yeah no worries about disagreeing on topics. I find it interesting to have contrasting views on things.

Rodri's an interesting one. Apparently, he wanted to play a more positive and offensive "brand" of football at Atletico but Simeone was having none of it. If it's true, I've grown to respect him just that little bit more. Seeing him play makes me think he's a highly intelligent man and footballer who's going to be a huge and integral asset to City's evolution.

Rodri is very smart.

The reason we got him for only €70m is because Atletico agreed the deal to sign him from Villarreal in late 2017 when he'd only just broken through. Then when it became clear just how good he was, before he even joined them officially, Atletico offered him a much bigger contract with a much bigger buy out clause, but he decided he'd rather earn less and have more control over his future by being affordable so turned it down.

12 months later he's the best defensive mid in Spain and could have gone anywhere he wanted.

Rodri is very smart.

The reason we got him for only €70m is because Atletico agreed the deal to sign him from Villarreal in late 2017 when he'd only just broken through. Then when it became clear just how good he was, before he even joined them officially, Atletico offered him a much bigger contract with a much bigger buy out clause, but he decided he'd rather earn less and have more control over his future by being affordable so turned it down.

12 months later he's the best defensive mid in Spain and could have gone anywhere he wanted.
I had a few concerns that he wasn't quite quick enough for the Premier League a few weeks ago but I think it's just a question of City finding the right mix of players in midfield.

You need to watch also his piss poor contribution at times.What was the reason that Pep quite often dropped him or subbed him ?
Again, seen piss poor contribution from many a player. Stones, Sterling, Silva, Gundogan, Bernardo, Mahrez, Walker, Otamendi, Mendy, Jesus, even KDB & Aguero have all had bad patches. No idea, why Pep dropped him. A lack of defensive output? Sulking? No idea, but he's been fantastic for the past 2 seasons and does not deserve being relegated to 4th choice winger. He's up there with Sterling in terms of ability (slightly behind, but has more potential IMO). This has all been handled poorly.

I had a few concerns that he wasn't quite quick enough for the Premier League a few weeks ago but I think it's just a question of City finding the right mix of players in midfield.
I think if we had a player like Ndidi doing the bulk of the defensive output, Rodri can act as our Toure, sweeping up loose balls and driving forward at pace. His passing (with both feet), height and dribbling are all excellent for a DM, but think we could use another player with Fernandinho-like snap and acceleration, freeing up the attackers to move forward at speed. Especially in CL/tougher games where we're more defensively naive.

Again, seen piss poor contribution from many a player. Stones, Sterling, Silva, Gundogan, Bernardo, Mahrez, Walker, Otamendi, Mendy, Jesus, even KDB & Aguero have all had bad patches. No idea, why Pep dropped him. A lack of defensive output? Sulking? No idea, but he's been fantastic for the past 2 seasons and does not deserve being relegated to 4th choice winger. He's up there with Sterling in terms of ability (slightly behind, but has more potential IMO). This has all been handled poorly.

Without a doubt. I don't think for a second any of his football was the cause of him being bollocked and scapegoated, Pep is too smart, he couldn't have missed how good Sane was. It was probably the clash of personalities where Pep was the one who had to be better than that. Sane is young guy with huge potential that might have had some minor attitude problems eventually, but it was nothing that much for such valuable asset to be treated that harsh. He is the lowest point of Pep's reign at City, imo.

I think if we had a player like Ndidi doing the bulk of the defensive output, Rodri can act as our Toure, sweeping up loose balls and driving forward at pace. His passing (with both feet), height and dribbling are all excellent for a DM, but think we could use another player with Fernandinho-like snap and acceleration, freeing up the attackers to move forward at speed. Especially in CL/tougher games where we're more defensively naive.
I don't think we lost against Spurs last season because of defensive naivety. Sometimes the games are cat and mouse, sometimes they are seriously intense. The CL Q/F home and away legs v Spurs were both.

I think Rodri will be an asset too but this season even with him in the side we've never looked so vulnerable. Key to our success will be getting game time into Laporte before the CL tie.

Mendy is only now showing signs of recovering so we're probably not going to be firing on all cylinders until March and that assumes everything goes smoothly which it surely wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.