Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says on the BBC Gossip page Sane has returned to the pitch, would imagine he should be available no later than 6 weeks time.

why wouldn't he? Some numbers I've seen quoted here (by Tolmie, if I recall good) were 160k per week. He can get more than that easily.
From another club maybe, not from us. He is not worth more than 200k a week. This is a player who has never scored more than 18 goals a season and is 24 in a month.

From another club maybe, not from us. He is not worth more than 200k a week. This is a player who has never scored more than 18 goals a season and is 24 in a month.

He scored or assisted in approx. same number of minutes as Sterling who got, by various reports, 300 or 350k. He is also a winger and they're not really expected to score 30-40 per season. His numbers are quite ok. He's easily worth 200k per week at current market. The fact that he is only 24 only adds to that.

Who are all these other players under 24 who score 18 goals a season?
Did not say he was shit, just stating that he is not some generational talent that some seem to think he is. He is clearly not. Therefore should not earn such cash. On top of he is inconsistent. I can see why City won't offer him more than that. Its makes sense. He is worse than Sterling, so should not get anywhere near his wage (300k). £200k is the max we can pay really realistically.

Did not say he was shit, just stating that he is not some generational talent that some seem to think he is. He is clearly not. Therefore should not earn such cash. On top of he is inconsistent. I can see why City won't offer him more than that. Its makes sense. He is worse than Sterling, so should not get anywhere near his wage (300k). £200k is the max we can pay really realistically.

He's not inconsistent, it was explained by facts many times in last few days. You can't call a guy who scores or assists each 90 minutes in the course of whole season as inconsistent. He's not generational talent, that's Mbappe, but he's world class young player.

Disagree. It is only because of our squad depth that he rotated a fair amount but so have Bernado and Sterling at times. When on top form he was part of our best 11 and that was through big chunks of both recent title winning seasons. He would be first choice in most other top European sides. He is well worth keeping if we can convince him to stay, we would have to pay the going rate which may well be 200 - 300k pw (might be more). £200-£300k pw is circa £10 - £15m pa in wages, X5 years and it is £50 to £75m, that is cheap for a player of his caliber, a replacement would be that in a fee and wages on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.