Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if Leroy needed to show a more consistent level, nearly all of them do this season. It happens, it’s football. Doesn’t mean they’re not great players worth wanting to keep. Same with Sané. Even with supposed inconsistencies he’s got a ridiculous goals and assists contribution for the flub per minutes played.

Once it really clicks with Leroy he’ll be truly world class. And I’m not worried about that happening, it’s not like he’s Balotelli or Denilson. I think he looks like he’s going to be an exceptional player.

Hopefully that’s with us.

Yeah no worries about disagreeing on topics. I find it interesting to have contrasting views on things.
I agree with your stance. To not play Sane in the run in because he might leave is just nuts. He's not run his mouth off, he's shown no disrespect, why wouldnt you want to have a fit Sane for the run in? Crazy talk.

And just to address you point about Sterling turning down a contract...he delayed it by about 3 months. Sané will have been rejecting deals for 2 years by the time he's back on the pitch.
So he was offered the contract when he had, what? three and a half years left on his existing contract? We might have been in a rush to get him to sign then, but why would he be?

Ronaldo is possibly one of the most driven, self-serving footballers the game has ever seen. If Sane had Ronaldo's attitude he'd be undroppable and end up the best in the world within a couple of years. Ronaldo is absolutely obsessed with winning at all costs, and that's what gives him his edge. There's nowt to suggest Sane will be anywhere near as bloody-minded if his heart is elsewhere. I get the point you're making, but it's a stretch when you're comparing him to a freak one-off.

Edit - fwiw, I think Sane will come back and play the odd game, but it'll be like last season. He'll be a rotation player most likely.
I understand fan's concerns about his attitude, but Sane was a very good player before his injury. He contributed last season eg winner against the Scousers in the League and that stunning free kick against Schalke away in the CL. Obviously it sounds like he wants away, but surely it would benefit City if he could regain his form and fitness at City and hopefully contribute to our season before he leaves.

Does anyone here know is there any chance of him losing his pace due to this injury? Still almost six months without being able to run

Rodri is very smart.

The reason we got him for only €70m is because Atletico agreed the deal to sign him from Villarreal in late 2017 when he'd only just broken through. Then when it became clear just how good he was, before he even joined them officially, Atletico offered him a much bigger contract with a much bigger buy out clause, but he decided he'd rather earn less and have more control over his future by being affordable so turned it down.

12 months later he's the best defensive mid in Spain and could have gone anywhere he wanted.
A smart bit of business once again by the brains trust at City.

Does anyone here know is there any chance of him losing his pace due to this injury? Still almost six months without being able to run
I would say that if the ligament's flexibility changes then it could affect performance. I am thinking in terms of mechanics, torque and fulcrums. The ligament controls the fulcrum. If some of the torque is lost through a slack joint then I guess it could lead to a loss of effective torque because some of the power generated will no longer be going directly to movement of the bone.

I don't know enough about biomechanics to answer your question with much confidence. We all know players though whose game has been damaged by operations. I would think it's good news that the ligament was not completely torn in Sane's case but I do not know what his surgeon did.

I doubt anyone will be able to answer your question properly without a lot of medical training.

Ronaldo is possibly one of the most driven, self-serving footballers the game has ever seen. If Sane had Ronaldo's attitude he'd be undroppable and end up the best in the world within a couple of years. Ronaldo is absolutely obsessed with winning at all costs, and that's what gives him his edge. There's nowt to suggest Sane will be anywhere near as bloody-minded if his heart is elsewhere. I get the point you're making, but it's a stretch when you're comparing him to a freak one-off.

Edit - fwiw, I think Sane will come back and play the odd game, but it'll be like last season. He'll be a rotation player most likely.
Gundogans contract was also expiring last season iirc, and he finished the season in incredible form. It's not a stretch to think that sane *could* do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.