Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but we see KDB running around like Colin Bell for weeks then suddenly he looks like he is about to die or gets injured.

I'm sure Leroy can do it, but I doubt he can do it for long. He can probably do a bit more than he does tbf but I don't think he'll be a reliable tracker.

Tbh I don't think that is the best way for him to play. It might be the best for City but imo he can be a star out & out attacker IF he puts in the work. I would fancy Real Madrid if I was him (once they sort themselves out).

I don't think Pep is asking Leroy to do anything he physically can't. 33 year old Robben managed to do what Pep wanted, and he was not an endurance athlete as well as being rapid.

It's not physical, it's mental. Not about the amount of running but the timing and position of them.

If it were a physical issue then Pep would have sold him already or changed his position, but the fact he's kept going for 3 years trying to get it to click suggests to me it's a mental thing.

I don't think Pep is asking Leroy to do anything he physically can't. 33 year old Robben managed to do what Pep wanted, and he was not an endurance athlete as well as being rapid.

It's not physical, it's mental. Not about the amount of running but the timing and position of them.
My guess is the main thing Pep wants from Sane is not to lose possession so much.

Forward running yes. But also tracking back ?

I'm not convinced he can do both without the attacking runs suffering.

Robben did it, but it did him.

My guess is the main thing Pep wants from Sane is not to lose possession so much.

Again I think it's a when/where issue. Coman did an interview when he was under Pep where he said Guardiola told his wingers he didn't care if they lost the ball 4 times in a row in 1v1s, because the 5th time they would get in behind and create a goal. He also said that if they were in 2v1's then the team was failing them, because the whole game plan was designed to create those match ups vs. isolated defenders.

Forward running yes. But also tracking back ?

I'm not convinced he can do both without the attacking runs suffering.

Robben did it, but it did him.

It did him, really? His seasons under Pep were among his best in terms of numbers for games played and goals/assists.

If the geriatric player nicknamed the man of glass could do it, I suspect Leroy could too.

Sterling situation was almost identical, just didn't have Bayern shit stirring.

November was it, when Sterling finally signed ?

Not sure I know he didn't have long left on his contract. Agents of players will know if a club are interested also was reported that Barcelona bid 120m for B Silva and we said no way! We want to keep a player we will end off!

It did him, really? His seasons under Pep were among his best in terms of numbers for games played and goals/assists.

If the geriatric player nicknamed the man of glass could do it, I suspect Leroy could too.

Agreed,Robben was still tearing new arseholes up until very recently....and he's 35 now.

The only thing stopping Sane being whatever he wants to be is himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.