Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There won’t be a replacement. Jesus, Mahrez and Foden just play more.

This could be seen as a positive if we stay injury free, the problem clearly would be worsened if we have injuries!
I think we all want to see Foden get over 1200 Premier League minutes this season and see Bernardo play more centrally. (An assumption)

Jesus needs more game time; he could be one of best strikers in the world, his goals and assists are similar to the astounding rates Aguero delivers.
The problem is Aguero can only play the central not the wide role and unless we have Mendy/ Cancelo then two at a time is more difficult!
We probably shouldn't have signed Mahrez but we did and maybe that hindered Sancho progression, but Mahrez came good at end of season and fortunately won't have the tag that we lost the league because of the missed pen! I hope he has a great season, he certainly adds strength in depth.

I trust our management, my club, our players! In Pep we trust, would love him to sign a 5 year extension, we worship the ground you walk on!

No player is bigger than the club that is for sure! All that said, Sane has such a high ceiling; but if he leaves us; I won't be one to wish him well, especially if he is playing for an opponent competing at the same level for Europes top prizes.

Sorry if this sounds bitter but ....... hope he doesn't reach his potential especially if he goes to that horrible club!
That horrible club that has done nothing but slate us over our transfer business, financial plans and lied and lied and lied whilst tapping up the media and changing the rules for FFP.

If he leaves, I hope he looks back and blames his mother for the fact he never fulfilled his potential.
Time to grow some balls Leroy, the balls are in your court!

What makes people think that Sane has more potential than Sterling and Bernardo?

He is maybe better to watch when he plays at his best but his bottom level is poor for a top top player, no other player in the squad miscontrolls the ball so often. His first touch and decision making seem levels bellow Bernardo's as is his work rate. Bernardo covers 2-3 km more per game than Leroy. How is Sane having a higher potential than Bernardo?

As regards Sterling, he is quicker over short distances than Sane and this is way more important for a possession-based football. And he is also more versatile and more willing to attack the space for tap-ins.

Sane might be more suited for counter-attacking football than Sterling (?) and Bernardo but within Pep's system he is rightly behind Sterling and Bernardo and might hope to be a regular starter only if Bernardo starts in the middle. Which, btw, would mean reduced chances for Foden.

I want Leroy to stay and fight for his place but this idea that he is a future Ballon d'Or winner is quite dubious. At his age Ronaldo scored 42 goals for the rags, more than Sane has scored in his entire City career to date. He is excellent but he isn't a generational talent like Mbappe. Hope I'm wrong IF he stays for many more years.

The fact Bayern have agreed terms with our player is no surprise , they are disrepectful mother f*ckers , but i would bet that City are waiting for Sane to ask for a transfer and until then negotiations with the German Rags will not take place , this transfer is a long way off and suspect it will even go past our own transfer deadline.
The Rags have to pay our price now , we have no need to sell an excellent young player where as Rummenigge and Hoeness are desperate for a potentially world class winger , if we sell Sane for less than £130m we are mugs , the £100m profit doesnt come into the equation, he has improved as a player during his time at our club and the German Rags should pay for this , he is not the same player that arrived from Schalke .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.