Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id argue that most of those were globally recognised due their international careers, not their Bayern club careers.
Ok. But the difference with Sane is that Germany aren’t going to win anything during his time at Bayern so it’s pointless going?

You keep moving the goalposts to suit your point of view. I’m going to give the kitchen worktops the once over before the missus tells me to. It saves me being stubborn and digging my heels in and saves an argument starting.

Last edited:
Are we seriously arguing that ‘worldwide recognition’ isn’t achievable at Bayern, but is at City for Sane?

The team that it’s own players even publicly acknowledged that City players are overlooked for recognition and awards.

Eh? Not many German players who have played for Bayern have received global recognition? Thomas Müller, Bastien Schweinsteiger, Gerd Müller, Franz Beckenbauer, Sepp Maier, Karl Heinz Rummenigge, Oliver Kahn...
Most country's playing for your National team is a far greater honour than for any club side, England the total opposite.

Most country's playing for your National team is a far greater honour than for any club side, England the total opposite.
Kitchen worktops done, biggest spider in Europe taken outside.

Sane hasn’t been anything like a regular for Germany or City for that matter.

He’s more likely to receive global recognition there than here.

For the same reasons I thought Liverpool fans were petty when Sterling left them, I can understand why Leroy wants Bayern and wish him well.

Are we seriously arguing that ‘worldwide recognition’ isn’t achievable at Bayern, but is at City for Sane?

The team that it’s own players even publicly acknowledged that City players are overlooked for recognition and awards.
It looks that way. Players don’t get global recognition at Bayern, it comes from playing for Germany but players who aren’t at Bayern don’t have as much chance of playing for Germany so it’s much of a muchness.

Some City fans need to accept Sane’s reasons for moving and get on with it instead of crying about him being a mummy’s boy, settling for the easy life in his country of birth or whatever else they can sling at him.

It looks that way. Players don’t get global recognition at Bayern, it comes from playing for Germany but players who aren’t at Bayern don’t have as much chance of playing for Germany so it’s much of a muchness.

Some City fans need to accept Sane’s reasons for moving and get on with it instead of crying about him being a mummy’s boy, settling for the easy life in his country of birth or whatever else they can sling at him.
You're probably right pal, just a hard one to see leave as i feel he has the potential to be a world beater and its just not quite happened for him with us. Would never wish him bad at all and if Bayern is where his heart is then so be it.

You're probably right pal, just a hard one to see leave as i feel he has the potential to be a world beater and its just not quite happened for him with us. Would never wish him bad at all and if Bayern is where his heart is then so be it.
Gutted myself mate. From his first goal against Arsenal, I was telling my lads that we had a player on our hands. He’ll be hard to replace but good luck to him and thanks for the memories.

Playing for Bayern only means that you are one of the best Germans. It does not really help you with the national team. Playing in the southwest of Germany is the real help to get a call from Löw...

But Sane with Löw right now has a starting spot - no matter for what team he plays.

The reason why Sane leaves is not to find at Munich but at City. He lost his starting spot and Pep's ideas do not include having two wingers that hold width anymore. Sane like this is not first choice but only an alternative. Pep does not say that openly - but his choice of players and the tactics say that.

Playing for Bayern only means that you are one of the best Germans. It does not really help you with the national team. Playing in the southwest of Germany is the real help to get a call from Löw...

But Sane with Löw right now has a starting spot - no matter for what team he plays.

The reason why Sane leaves is not to find at Munich but at City. He lost his starting spot and Pep's ideas do not include having two wingers that hold width anymore. Sane like this is not first choice but only an alternative. Pep does not say that openly - but his choice of players and the tactics say that.
fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.