Dear Atheists..

I dont think i will have a long life so i had better find god now just in case he is real and i need him to get me into heaven !
Which god, though, Kaz? Remember, if you choose the wrong one, you won't get to cat heaven! ;)

Do some research for yourself it helps. Suggest you start with Wikipedia on the percentage of the world population with a religious faith & then have a look at the history of atheism and then listen to Dawkins get dismantled on the YT debate I posted earlier on here. After that if you've got a sensible question I'll try to answer it.
Just because billions of people believe in some form of higher deity or other, it doesn’t mean any of them exist.

It’s extremely difficult to prove a negative.

It’s like asking a man to prove he’s not cheating on his wife.

It would be technically possible to prove that you didn't cheat from this day forward.

It's not just difficult, but surely impossible, to prove that an imaginary being doesn't exist.

yep… which implies the ‘leaders’ aren’t weak. You need something about you to control others behaviour.

It’s How to extract influence, money and power from as many people as they can.

Religion is essentially just another term for a profit making business , wrapped up in a facade of mythology & symbolism, with self serving interests at the top, and with their workers doing their bidding and ensuring the business grows, lobbys, profits and attacks their rivals.

Your post has ZERO attachment to religion.

People in power or borne into powerful families/ wealth utilise your points all the time. People elect leaders at all levels to lead them out of crisis points at whatever level.

Yes, you can saddle religion with these tropes and I'd agree, but to level your accusation at JUST religion is so far off the mark it's incredulous, looking at the world around us!

Just because billions of people believe in some form of higher deity or other, it doesn’t mean any of them exist.
My privileges now seem to have been restored to allow a reply. The point being made here is simply that the majority of posters on here who are writing off almost everybody currently alive (and indeed who have ever lived) as simple-minded dupes or at best lacking "intellectual curiosity, courage and integrity" aren't contributing anything to the debate except crude offence. Not a good advert for the quality of BM Off Topic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.