Dear Atheists..

:) If you have lived a good life, you are reincarnated as a better person. The aim is to achieve enlightenment if you have lived enough lives well. Surely you would like to live life as a better person? If you have lived a bad life, you are reincarnated as a worse person, or if particularly bad, as an animal or one of the other lower orders.

Don't have much feeling for it myself although my wife, who is spiritual, claims she can remember her past lives to some extent.

I can't argue with the fundamental philosophy, though. Do good things you are rewarded, do bad things you are fucked :)

Makes more sense to me as a belief system than be good go to heaven, be bad eternal damnation unless you repent then it's all good.
Is the "better person" still you? How would you know? If I have no memory of it, I've learnt nothing. Are some animals really people?

55874c54a78fe3c12d08f59aff09c61f.gif
We thought the earth was flat until Anaximander, ~2600 years ago, worked out it wasn't.

Eratosthenes, ~2300 years ago, estimated the dimensions of our lovely blue planet, coming up with a value that wasn't bettered for another 1200 years.

Etc etc etc.

You gotta love those Greeks.

If only the christians hadn't abandoned rational thought and scientific progress in the name of dogma and 'god'.

Anyway, we got there in the end, and to be fair the god botherers aren't doing too much harm these days, they're kind of irrelevant. Mostly amusing, sometimes irritating. (I'm not risking another thread ban by mentioning the obvious exception here; let's ignore the elephant in the room).

@Damocles, you never did tell me if you think Jesus is the son of God.

to conclude, your honour...
through the contradictions of the death of judas,
i believe i have today proved that the bible has lies in it.

the opening post in this thread was about dinosaurs.
i shall now prove that science has lies in it...

science tells us that the top speed of dinosaurs is as follows

• Troodon (80 km/h) Troodon may be the fastest one in the age of dinosaurs, with a speed of 80 km/h. ...
  • Deinonychus(70km/h) ...
  • Dromaeosaur(70km/h) ...
  • Ornithomimus (70km/h) ...
  • Gallimimus(68km/h) ...
  • Struthiomimus (67km/h) ...
  • Elaphrosaurus (65km/h) ...
  • Velociraptor (64km/h)

how can that be the case?
the kilometre was only invented in 1867.
how can they have ran in km/h?
science is rubbish.

We thought the earth was flat until Anaximander, ~2600 years ago, worked out it wasn't.

Eratosthenes, ~2300 years ago, estimated the dimensions of our lovely blue planet, coming up with a value that wasn't bettered for another 1200 years.

Etc etc etc.

You gotta love those Greeks.

If only the christians hadn't abandoned rational thought and scientific progress in the name of dogma and 'god'.

Anyway, we got there in the end, and to be fair the god botherers aren't doing too much harm these days, they're kind of irrelevant. Mostly amusing, sometimes irritating. (I'm not risking another thread ban by mentioning the obvious exception here; let's ignore the elephant in the room).

@Damocles, you never did tell me if you think Jesus is the son of God.
i was being silly.
you stated that we thought earthquakes were flat :)

Such are the meaningless reflections on the wonders of existence by some self-confessed random collections of mysterious particles floating around in an infinite soup of the same stuff that nobody has a scooby about. I think I prefer Genesis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.