Dear Mike Dean

Agree with Dirty Harry on Mike Dean. Used to be a top ref.
Maybe he's had enough and is just seeing his time out? Away at Stoke last year, first game of the season, he carried out the FA's specific instructions to punish holding at corners. He got slagged off for it and we've never seen the law implemented again.

And there in lies the problem - it's the inconsistency that's killing the game for me. I don't mind Dean doing what he did if, for the rest of the season, the same punishment is dealt out elsewhere by other referees.

But we all know it won't and that's why it's hard to get your head around.

I wish the fa would grow a new one, implement some changes and iterate season by season.

And there in lies the problem - it's the inconsistency that's killing the game for me. I don't mind Dean doing what he did if, for the rest of the season, the same punishment is dealt out elsewhere by other referees.

But we all know it won't and that's why it's hard to get your head around.

I wish the fa would grow a new one, implement some changes and iterate season by season.
But they won't. For obvious reasons we all know about.

And it's not the FA, it's the PL hierarchy that's dictating it.

Consistency is the key and there needs to be an assessment of the context before decisions are made.

I saw Graham Poll writing that Sterling's celebration could have had different consequences at Anfield so Dean was correct in booking him.

For me that is the fucking point. It was not at Anfield it was at Bournemouth. The whole team are clearly fucked off with bad decisions e.g v Everton and as one with their desire to fight against those decisions. Pep is happy to discuss it now as well which is getting things looked into.

Rooney clearly antagonised City fans when he scored, as he always does. No booking. The situation was mishandled by stewards. The fans would have quickly settled down but the celebration was friendly and not causing disrespect to Bournemouth. It is never a booking. As Shearer said if that was, the whole team should have had a booking so a fair few sending offs. Daniels probably should have been booked in the first half too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.