Dear Mike Dean

On the subject of terrible refs, anyone remember Zico's disallowed goal in 78 ? Clive Thomas blew for full time just before the corner reached Zico's head. MC badly handled the Bellamy yellow with stupid comments to the City dugout, but I always thought it was for dissent (not, as alleged, because MC didn't like him). Great player - always arguing with refs though. Didn't MC stupidly say "How do you lot put up with him ?"

I remember Clive Thomas blew the full time whistle and disallowed the goal - correct if time is up "by the letter of the law". But silly. Also annoys me that In Champions League
and Internationals the Ref always blows full time either spot on or a few seconds before the injury time is up. And no mention is ever made of the fact that it is supposed to be a minimum injury time. Seems to be subjective to the ref when he blows full time and he can therefore influence the result. Remember when Mick Owen scored for rags to beat City 4-3 after the minimum injury time was up - fully justified by media of course with extra injury time for goal celebrations, subs etc.

Loads of refs have it in for us, but I've never considered MC to be part of that. There's incompetent refs and incompetent refs scared to give big decisions against certain clubs. I have no confidence in any current ref. Yes, I'm in a minority of one, but MC is the last ref I've had any confidence in.

How on earth can you have confidence in the Twatteburg after lying and creating a mystical handball against Sterling?

It's like coming home to see your wife with jizz all over her chops and saying you still have confidence she's not a whore.

Remember, in that same match, Bellamy was fouled in the second half by that clod of a Notlob defender (can't remember his name, but who cares) who was also last man iirc. The defender went down squealing like a pig, having committed the foul, so your idol Clattentwat books Bellamy, then sends him off for a second yellow.
That's two examples I can readily recall. You obviously don't watch many matches, do you?
Ok, maybe I should rephrase my comment as best of a bad bunch in the Bellamy days. In recent years, he has made mistakes (they all do), but in my view generally fewer than others. These days I only go to home games, but without exception I now have no confidence in any ref. Why does Oliver get all the big games ? Is he really the best ?

Ok, maybe I should rephrase my comment as best of a bad bunch in the Bellamy days. In recent years, he has made mistakes (they all do), but in my view generally fewer than others. These days I only go to home games, but without exception I now have no confidence in any ref. Why does Oliver get all the big games ? Is he really the best ?
Too many refs believe they need to put on a dramatic performance.

Ask the Crystal Palace players what they thought of him in the Cup Final v the rags, when not once, but twice, they had a 1 v 1 break in the rag's half, only for him to bring the ball back into their own half for a free kick in their favour.

Remember, in that same match, Bellamy was fouled in the second half by that clod of a Notlob defender (can't remember his name, but who cares) who was also last man iirc. The defender went down squealing like a pig, having committed the foul, so your idol Clattentwat books Bellamy, then sends him off for a second yellow.
That's two examples I can readily recall. You obviously don't watch many matches, do you?
Ask the Crystal Palace players what they thought of him in the Cup Final v the rags, when not once, but twice, they had a 1 v 1 break in the rag's half, only for him to bring the ball back into their own half for a free kick in their favour.
He struggled in the Euro 2016 final. I think current technology highlights mistakes. Mistakes not highlighted so much in the 70s. Maybe I'm looking through rose coloured specs, but the current crop of refs is the worst I can remember. I personally know a pre-Prem First Division lino - he insists that the assessor in the stands used to give, and still gives, refs an honest assessment of their performance. Mistakes are highlighted. Trouble is, it's the same faces so any bad reviews aren't resulting in demotion. I wouldn't have Dean ref a Sunday league game.

He struggled in the Euro 2016 final. I think current technology highlights mistakes. Mistakes not highlighted so much in the 70s. Maybe I'm looking through rose coloured specs, but the current crop of refs is the worst I can remember. I personally know a pre-Prem First Division lino - he insists that the assessor in the stands used to give, and still gives, refs an honest assessment of their performance. Mistakes are highlighted. Trouble is, it's the same faces so any bad reviews aren't resulting in demotion. I wouldn't have Dean ref a Sunday league game.
Rag!!!!

;-)

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/referees-officials.326115/page-182#post-10007226

As I mentioned earlier this year above, something not quite right with Mike Dean these days, there's been a marked change in how he's reffing games, and not just us, which is a shame, I really rated him highly back in the day and felt he was one of the few I could genuinely trust.

Agree with Dirty Harry on Mike Dean. Used to be a top ref.
Maybe he's had enough and is just seeing his time out? Away at Stoke last year, first game of the season, he carried out the FA's specific instructions to punish holding at corners. He got slagged off for it and we've never seen the law implemented again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.