Dear Mike Dean

Fuck off.
Well... sort of.

The rule Mike Dean was trying to enforce - player approaching fans thus creating dangerous situation - needs to be rewritten entirely.

Dean should have exercised common sense - and fuck the rules - no card, given that Sterling was already on a yellow, damn the consequences.

But, as an impartial enforcer of the letter of the law - most pundits seem to think that Dean was doing his job. Me... I tend to think not so much - if the law you're supposed to enforce is stupid, ignore the law.
=============
Silver lining - perhaps this will get FIFA to re-examine this law and revise it to make sense.
=============
Suggested new thread title... Dear FIFA:

Under this new title, your initial post is entire without fault :-)

Last edited:
I thought the law mentions incitement of the crowd. Am I missing the point here where that surely means provoking the opposing fans not your own. I always thought that incite means provoking to do wrong.

Last edited:
Well... sort of.

The rule Mike Dean was trying to enforce - player approaching fans thus creating dangerous situation - needs to be rewritten entirely.

Dean should have exercised common sense - and fuck the rules - no card, given that Sterling was already on a yellow, damn the consequences.

But, as an impartial enforcer of the letter of the law - most pundits seem to think that Dean was doing his job. Me... I tend to think not so much - if the law you're supposed to enforce is stupid, ignore the law.
=============
Silver lining - perhaps this will get FIFA to re-examine this law and revise it to make sense.
Exactly! Where was the law when Jesus was hacked ?
Arter should've seen a red if he went by the letter of the law.

So, from the FA laws of the game, number 12, has Sterling gestured or acted in a provocative way? i dont get it. He didn't even leave the field. I keep reading he enforced the 'letter of the law'. Which letters did he enforce, exactly?:

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned for:

• climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which can cause safety and/or security issues
  • gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
  • covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
  • removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt
Amazingly, Sterling is the picture at the top of the page regarding the above laws
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

edit: i guess Dean over zealously interpreted the 1st bullet point. tit.

Last edited:
Exactly! Where was the law when Jesus was hacked ?
Arter should've seen a red if he went by the letter of the law.

Exactly, this is the bit that irritates me. All these so called expert pundits, whether they are ex players or referees, say the he is 'only enforcing the rules', well that's fine, but why didn't he enforce the other bloody rules then? Although a few have mentioned this, the vast majority haven't.

Selective and inconsistent refereeing is what pisses me off the most

I thought the law mentions incitement of the crowd. Am I missing the point here where that surely means provoking the opposing fans not your own. I always thought that incite means provoking to do wrong.

Ah but the FArce have it both ways. Provoking to do wrong would include entering the field of play which I understand is a criminal offence.

I still maintain that players should not be sent off for technical offences - kicking the ball away, time-wasting, swinging yer shirt over yer head when yer've just scored a goal that denies The Swamp Donkeys a title, overcelebrating. Red cards should be reserved for the kind of tackle that Dean missed, and other assorted violence on opposition players. So much did he miss it that we never even got the free kick!

A sin bin should be the appropriate punishment, and if a player continues to transgress after spending ten mins in the sin bin, then he can fuck off for an early bath!

tumblr_ofp2sdB7SH1tf8a5ao1_500.gif
Tis you who stinks you cheating ****....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.