Declan Rice

afternoon all. Declan Rice had a super performance against the top side in the league last night and should have capped a motm performance with a goal - he was taken off at half time against liverpool first game of the season, didnt let it get to him, learned from the experience , got back in the side and has made that position his own. Bear in mind for the majority of his appearances last season he played at centre back- he's learning by the minute. Does make me laugh about some of the comments here that versus the collosus that is fernadinhio he's 'coming up short" the lad is only 20 - give him a chance to mature and learn. Is he at the level that should be of interest to a top-six side- yes, id say however he's ours...well for at least a few more transfer windows.

Enjoy the rest of the season and pip the bin dippers at the last minute, please !

Fantastic talent and has been for a while. Missed a trick before he signed new deal recently.

My mate is an Iron for 60 years - says he reminds him of Bobby Moore at same age.

Your mate may be right but West Ham seem to have a new Bobby Moore almost as often as the Rags have a new Duncan Edwards....

Thought he was really impressive last night. He’s at the right club right now, I don’t think it would help him to jump to a big club yet. Would definitely worry about him at City, it’s very different playing Fernandinhos role almost completely alone against the counter. He did well last night but had a lot of support with Noble and even Snodgrass. We hang our DM out to dry so much it would be a lot to ask him to do that job right now

Had a great game last night, have no idea if City are interested but I hope Rice choose's to play his International football for England, dm is a weak spot he could make the position his own.

This mate was Moore's ghost writer and runs the Claret and Blue website.

Wasn't doubting the quality of your info just making the point that some clubs regularly try to reinvent the past.... I lived in the East End for some time and it wasn't just that Bobby Moore was a brilliant player - it was the fact that he came from Barking and was part of the 'dockers community' that made him so special amongst the 'irons'.

afternoon all. Declan Rice had a super performance against the top side in the league last night and should have capped a motm performance with a goal - he was taken off at half time against liverpool first game of the season, didnt let it get to him, learned from the experience , got back in the side and has made that position his own. Bear in mind for the majority of his appearances last season he played at centre back- he's learning by the minute. Does make me laugh about some of the comments here that versus the collosus that is fernadinhio he's 'coming up short" the lad is only 20 - give him a chance to mature and learn. Is he at the level that should be of interest to a top-six side- yes, id say however he's ours...well for at least a few more transfer windows.

Enjoy the rest of the season and pip the bin dippers at the last minute, please !
Thanks for the input but we can see he is a good player in a defensive team , can he play well in an attacking side does he have the pace and awareness to cover the gaps? most of us do not believe he has Whilst you are on what is Reece Oxford`s problem?

Agreed but it might well be the case that the person who emerges as a world class talent in that role isn't somebody who is already a marquee name. I don't think Fernandinho excited that many people when we signed him. At best a few people thought he looked half decent but acknowledged it's hard to tell how someone will adapt stepping up to the Premier League from Ukraine. At worst people were fully kicking off that we hadn't signed Paulinho.

It's the kind of role where you only fully come to appreciate how brilliantly someone does it when they actually play for you and you watch them week in week out. These sorts of players don't often have amazing internet showreels that more creative players have.
Agree with the sentiment, but not sure we want to be ploughing “real money” into a flash in the pan who will also break the bank, if we look to buy.

This position feels like it is almost guaranteed to be filled by a foreign player who has grown up with this way of playing, but is not too old. A perfect player would be 25, mature and sure, and the “go between” between Fernandinho and the player we bring through the ranks. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ante at Hajduk is that second player, but we need a replacement/jobshare player ASAP, because Fernandinho is currently performing like a Spartan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.