Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hierarchy wanted him and his release clause was 100M. That’s why 100M was sanctioned. But just because that’s what was paid doesn’t equate to whether he’s worth that. Also, because he was part of the treble winning team also doesn’t mean he was worth that fee.

I’m not saying that he’s not contributing. He has done this year. His ball retention is very good and there are other attributes that he brings. What I’d argue is that it’s not 100M worth. I would expect more end product from someone that plays in his position for that sum of money, that’s all.
Mate I don't believe any player's worth £100m, but we can blame the European elites of Real, Barça, Juvé & ManUre for historically driving up transfer fees to the ridiculous levels we have today.

Since then, PSG have taken these football-killing transfers to a whole new level! City haven't set the market at these astronomical levels, however it's still a market we have to operate in.

Until someone posted that article on Grealish, I never realised he's essentially the King of assisting the assister, & no one else comes close in the PL. Added to his ball retention skill set, it's only then Grealish made sense to me, good player that he is.

Personally I think even Messi at his peak should only be worth £50m at today's prices, but that record transfer fee level has long since bolted since Zidane's move from Juvé to Real for £47m.

Agreed that now Jack's settled he seriously needs to concentrate on his shooting practice. Providing more assists wouldn't go amiss too. Let's see how he progresses throughout his third season with us...

Rice isn't worth that money imo, glad the club have decided to move ahead with other plans.
That's fair enough, but we were prepared to offer £90 million for him. So £15 million short. The lad is 24, so possibly 10 years service if the signing works out. That's £1.5 million per year which is peanuts in modern football terms. Then we still have to identify someone else with the ability, physicality, and potential to improve that Rice would have brought, which isn't going to be cheap. Lots of focus on the pros of pulling out of this deal, but we need to recognise the cons also.

Mate, it’s not disrespect because I have a different opinion to you. You think he’s worth the 100M we paid, I don’t.

I actually think that his contributions have been overstated by some in the media and on this forum. Post World Cup he had 2-months where he stood out. At a time when the Team needed players to step up. So he’s definitely contributed to the achievements of the Team. I think his end to the season was pretty ordinary.

I like him as a player and I like him as a member of the Team. I just don’t think he’s 100M value worth. And I don’t think Rice is either. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

When we bought him I agree now though after winning the treble every player for me is a 100m+ player

Mate, it’s not disrespect because I have a different opinion to you. You think he’s worth the 100M we paid, I don’t.

I actually think that his contributions have been overstated by some in the media and on this forum. Post World Cup he had 2-months where he stood out. At a time when the Team needed players to step up. So he’s definitely contributed to the achievements of the Team. I think his end to the season was pretty ordinary.

I like him as a player and I like him as a member of the Team. I just don’t think he’s 100M value worth. And I don’t think Rice is either. We’ll have to agree to disagree.
"I just don’t think he’s 100M value worth". - How do you arrive at your valuations? What are your criteria? Is there a calculation or is it just gut feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.