Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last year I've started to appreciate how players who wouldn't be typical Pep players could still be really really good for us. Rice has a lot of strong qualities that could really work for City, in a Casemiro like way
But Rice is precisely a typical Pep player (in my eyes at least)

Yes probably true. Still not sure about him for us even though I rate him. Not convinced him and Rodri together wound be the right mix in central midfield.
I agree. I don’t think he would be compatible in that sense. However, if we are also intent on playing more expansively, then I could see Rice’s mobility, height, and speed, particularly his speed, being assets to our midfield. Against both Real Madrid and Wolves, our lack of height in the box and speed to defend transitions were exposed.

I’m not advocating we go after Rice, just trying to understand why we might be interested.

Not sure... The Grealish transfer has really sparked some hatred towards us that maybe fuels their anger towards us even more, so i wouldn't be surprised with a strong(er) reaction.
I wonder, happier Rice joins us, rags or Chelsea. Who would the bitterness be higher with

Good player but for the amount he'll cost given the length of his contract, I'd rather hold onto the money and go get Bellingham next year (I'm assuming that after losing Haaland they'll hold onto Bellingham for another year)

I agree. I don’t think he would be compatible in that sense. However, if we are also intent on playing more expansively, then I could see Rice’s mobility, height, and speed, particularly his speed, being assets to our midfield. Against both Real Madrid and Wolves, our lack of height in the box and speed to defend transitions were exposed.

I’m not advocating we go after Rice, just trying to understand why we might be interested.
I don’t think of him as quick

Am sure if we interested in Rice and rumour says Moyse want’s Zinchenko that there would talks about the fee. Say we want 40/50m for Zinchenko they say they want 150m but no one’s paying that we might go for 101m so he becomes the highest paid fee for a England player.

I don’t think of him as quick
I would imagine most just see him as rather tall and slightly ungainly. However, if you watch him a little more closely you’ll see that he has a long gait and that he uses that over the first few yards to help him move away from players or close them down.

YouTube compilations always cherrypick the best pieces of skill, granted, but this one is more informative in that it focuses quite a bit on his movement. I’d suggest watching the clip at 2 minutes to see how effortlessly he moves away from our own players and indeed which players. If you focus more on the flailing reactions of the players giving chase in this video, you start to appreciate just how deceptively quick he is.

I would imagine most just see him as rather tall and slightly ungainly. However, if you watch him a little more closely you’ll see that he has a long gait and that he uses that over the first few yards to help him move away from players or close them down.

YouTube compilations always cherrypick the best pieces of skill, granted, but this one is more informative in that it focuses quite a bit on his movement. I’d suggest watching the clip at 2 minutes to see how effortlessly he moves away from our own players and indeed which players. If you focus more on the flailing reactions of the players giving chase in this video, you start to appreciate just how deceptively quick he is.

Sign him up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.