Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine most just see him as rather tall and slightly ungainly. However, if you watch him a little more closely you’ll see that he has a long gait and that he uses that over the first few yards to help him move away from players or close them down.

YouTube compilations always cherrypick the best pieces of skill, granted, but this one is more informative in that it focuses quite a bit on his movement. I’d suggest watching the clip at 2 minutes to see how effortlessly he moves away from our own players and indeed which players. If you focus more on the flailing reactions of the players giving chase in this video, you start to appreciate just how deceptively quick he is.

Dare i say, bit of Yaya about his game (or dribbling style at least)

The problem is that Rice is the best in that position defensively and would be a huge asset at City. Why not offer West Ham Sterling or Jesus as part of any deal. I can't think of many alternatives at the moment to replace Fern.

Swapping player need the player consent, if Jesus and Sterling doesn't want to be part of swap deal it will fall through.

I would imagine most just see him as rather tall and slightly ungainly. However, if you watch him a little more closely you’ll see that he has a long gait and that he uses that over the first few yards to help him move away from players or close them down.

YouTube compilations always cherrypick the best pieces of skill, granted, but this one is more informative in that it focuses quite a bit on his movement. I’d suggest watching the clip at 2 minutes to see how effortlessly he moves away from our own players and indeed which players. If you focus more on the flailing reactions of the players giving chase in this video, you start to appreciate just how deceptively quick he is.

i don’t really watch other teams and it’s hard to notice players against us. Iv seen people praise him and I have seen moments of it but iv also seen him seem a bit boring mind you we probably thought that about Barry but we soon came to realize how important he was whilst rivals didn’t realize it and I am sure Rice has more about him

I do have my doubts tho we need a box to box not a pure CDM

i don’t really watch other teams and it’s hard to notice players against us. Iv seen people praise him and I have seen moments of it but iv also seen him seem a bit boring mind you we probably thought that about Barry but we soon came to realize how important he was whilst rivals didn’t realize it and I am sure Rice has more about him

I do have my doubts tho we need a box to box not a pure CDM
The West Ham fans recognise that he can play both roles, though he evidently doesn’t score enough or assist enough. That, of course, would presumably change were he playing in a team that has more of the ball.

He’s only slightly smaller than Rodri and that would be important for us as our central midfielder (Rodri/Fernandinho) is often the one who attacks the high ball, with the central defenders dropping to cover. Fernandinho won’t be here next season, at which point any injury to Rodri would be debilitating unless we had adequate cover.

Last edited:
I mean, sure, West Ham want to keep him, I get that, but an 8 year deal is way too much. Just look at Saul Niguez.

I mean, sure, West Ham want to keep him, I get that, but an 8 year deal is way too much. Just look at Saul Niguez.
The 8 year deal is a deal they know he will never ever sign.
Who signs an 8 year deal. Only Charlie Kane would see that as a good move!!
It’s the start of a way out for him
I think we may look at this move if the figures become more reasonable, but I’d say Chelsea is likely destination
Although after lukaku they ain’t gonna wanna spend big big money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.