Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t see the point of Rice in our team, if Pep and City think otherwise then that’s fine by me. Either way he’s not the Belleingham alternative, that will be somebody else, even if the somebody else is already at the club.

He won't be backup. If he fits both the stones role and rodri role then he will have plenty of minutes for sure. Plus I don't think rice will cost 100M, more like 80M
Well, in my opinion, the only thing worse than signing Declan Rice as a backup would be signing Declan Rice to get plenty of starts. Going from Gundogan to Declan Rice would be like replacing Ruben Dias with Harry Maguire.

I hear you,and i also prefer a proper attacking fullback,but i dont know who as i think Walker is coming to the end of his time here.

For debate sake.....

--------------Eddie--------
Walker--Stones-Dias---Ake
----------Rodri-----Rice-------
----Foden------KDB------Grealish
--------------Haaland---------------
Just do the 3 box 3 formation pep plays with.
Grealish-Haaland-Silva
Gundo-Kdb
Rodri-Rice
Ake-Dias-Stones

As an example

West Ham won’t sell.

And if they do, it would be around £100mill, just like what we paid for Grealish.

Well, in my opinion, the only thing worse than signing Declan Rice as a backup would be signing Declan Rice to get plenty of starts. Going from Gundogan to Declan Rice would be like replacing Ruben Dias with Harry Maguire.
Na come on Declan rice is actually really good. With Pep he will become an absolutely beast in the middle.

Just do the 3 box 3 formation pep plays with.
Grealish-Haaland-Silva
Gundo-Kdb
Rodri-Rice
Ake-Dias-Stones

As an example
How is that better than playing a full back or Akanji and Stone stepping into midfield, because Rice is okay but no better than Stones stepping in. That to me is £100 mill spent and no better off.

How is that better than playing a full back or Akanji and Stone stepping into midfield, because Rice is okay but no better than Stones stepping in. That to me is £100 mill spent and no better off.
We don't play with fullbacks. Stones will simply slot back into CB in place if Akanji. Stones is also better than Akanji as a CB so there's that. Rice will take stones place of stepping into the midfield since rice is better as a "midfielder" than stones as that's were he plays. Out of possession he comes into CB where he has played a lot before earlier in his career. Tactically for the way we are playing right now, Rice would be a very good addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.