Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Phillips got voted best English player a year or so ago well ahead of Rice… so we payed £45mil… not seen him as not good enough.. so you think Rice for £100 plus is going to be okay?? Baffling
A year or so ago, most people thought Zinchenko was a better left-back than Ake. Even our manager has called out Phillips on more than one occasion. I'm not saying he can't come good, but your staunch defence of a player who cannot be trusted to play at all unless we're three goals up is no less baffling than anyone expressing an interest in Rice.

You say about Phillips "not seen him as not good enough". Well if he isn't good enough then it's £45m wasted isn't it? I'd rather pay £80m for someone who is good enough than £45m for someone who isn't. Especially when the £80m player is five years younger.

What is it you don't like about Rice and what is it about his game you don't think he can improve under Pep?

Is he better than Phillips? Miles
Is he good enough to give Rodri a rest? Yes
Can he play in the same team as Rodri? Yes
Is he a very good (not world class) player? Yes
Does he have loads of big game experience? Yes with England
Would he fit into the squad group? Definitely
Regardless of todays appearance (which I didn’t see) he’d be a no brainier to me
And he's NEVER injured

A year or so ago, most people thought Zinchenko was a better left-back than Ake. Even our manager has called out Phillips on more than one occasion. I'm not saying he can't come good, but your staunch defence of a player who cannot be trusted to play at all unless we're three goals up is no less baffling than anyone expressing an interest in Rice.

You say about Phillips "not seen him as not good enough". Well if he isn't good enough then it's £45m wasted isn't it? I'd rather pay £80m for someone who is good enough than £45m for someone who isn't. Especially when the £80m player is five years younger.

What is it you don't like about Rice and what is it about his game you don't think he can improve under Pep?

I’ve never rated Rice or Phillips both don’t have enough quality’s for this City squad.. or the fees.. both mid table and lower players just like when we all on here call out players like mctominay fred Henderson fabinho etc… I class rice as average and would hate if we paid more than the £45mil we paid on buster Phillips as both the same players and not good enough as shown in buster Phillips… but as I say buster Phillips got voted better than Rice on England duty in a couple tournaments!!…..

Mentioning Phillips and rice in the same sentence is a travesty. If you watch rice and don’t think he’d be a very useful tool in this team you’re blind. And he’s got the character to be be a juggernaut under pep. Sign him up all day.

Mentioning Phillips and rice in the same sentence is a travesty. If you watch rice and don’t think he’d be a very useful tool in this team you’re blind. And he’s got the character to be be a juggernaut under pep. Sign him up all day.

But buster Phillips got player of tournament ahead of Rice….

Don't rate Rice that highly but he deserves better than playing second fiddle to Rodri. He's good enough to start for a team who will spend the next few years alternating between playing in the Champions League and the Europa League. Spurs, United, those sorts of teams. Would have to be a #6/#8 hybrid a la Gundogan to stand any chance of getting regular football with City, but I don't rate him high enough to want him to come here. Would prefer to get Lavia back if we're selling Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.