Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, he won't be a bench warmer and he'd play a lot more games thank some may think.

I said it earlier in this thread. Pick 3 starters from of Ruben, Johnny, Ake, Akanji, Kyle and maybe Eric or his replacement if he leaves. We can then have Rodders and Rice in front with Rice doing the Johnny role and slotting into the backline when defending. No loss of quality and more options to rotate in a 60+ game season.

The bonus is that we can then pick 5 attack minded players rather than the 4 we deploy now (3 across the pitch with Erl up top). Imagine that for a minute.
It’s the only way rice gets in the team, but would need more than Laporte to leave if we are getting Gvardiol. Phillips would also have to leave. Who is the other defender to leave is the big question

Not sure City would match £300k per week.

He would be more important for Arsenal than he would for City, so I expect they'd push the boat out for him. He'd be able to stay in London too so maybe he'll be keen on that.

strange they want Rice & Caceido though mate?

Not necessarilly.

Partey and Xhaka have proven a level below what is needed,and i think Rice has more to his game than just sitting deep.Both have shown incredible versatility in their positioning too.

They could be incredibly effective together,and they also bring the mentality and steel you cant get enough of,and what has been missing in part in the latter stages of this season.

Not necessarilly.

Partey and Xhaka have proven a level below what is needed,and i think Rice has more to his game than just sitting deep.Both have shown incredible versatility in their positioning too.

They could be incredibly effective together,and they also bring the mentality and steel you cant get enough of,and what has been missing in part in the latter stages of this season.

possibly true mate, hopefully we are looking bigger than these two then as it seems we have no interest in Rice and i just cant see us getting Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.