Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they collapse.

Odegaard is going to be tapped up to fuck now.

Saka as good as he is has had some awful luck when it comes to having "a successful career" so far. That can break a player.

Rice is a quality addition, Cancelo would ruin them.

This would be good news for City but I don't agree, I think they're going to be the strongest challenger to us for many years, alongside Liverpool.

The only stories about Odegaard are that Arsenal are going to offer him a deal with a wage packet similar to Saka. So the tap up job better begin soon, before we offer him 300k a week. As he has been to Madrid and had a negative experience. He is the current captain and leader of a young team, with himself being young, the capacity to get him to commit to beyond his current deal 2026 is strong.

Even if other clubs bid for him. The figure would need to be well north of 100m to get us to sell. We would ask for more money for Odegaard than whatever Bellingham goes for. Were talking 120-140m. Signing Odegaard would be a mountain to climb for any admiring club. Im sure some would think 60-70m could do it, but then you would have to deny the fact thats what we signed Pepe for that amount. If we would shell out 70m for Pepe and bid 85m for Mudryk, we would piss on a 70-80m bid for Odegaard, and give a 'sorry but no' response to a 100m

Agree with this. There's no buyer and where would he want to go?

I don't think people are realising that Arsenal getting back into CL is a game changer. Honestly, I think it's an era shift for English football and the next few years will be City/Arsenal toe to toe. I only see Liverpool being able to break it up but they need a very good transfer window to sort their midfield.

United and Newcastle could compete but it will take them a couple more seasons.

Chelsea and Spurs have damaged themselves too much.

Agree with this. There's no buyer and where would he want to go?

I don't think people are realising that Arsenal getting back into CL is a game changer. Honestly, I think it's an era shift for English football and the next few years will be City/Arsenal toe to toe. I only see Liverpool being able to break it up but they need a very good transfer window to sort their midfield.

United and Newcastle could compete but it will take them a couple more seasons.

Chelsea and Spurs have damaged themselves too much.
Its not just CL. Ever since the Kroenke's took full ownership, investment has been made and we haven't sold a major player. The last big player to leave against our will was Sanchez over 5 years ago. There is a perception the Kroenke's are cheap owners unwilling to invest - it used to be true but that narrative is unravelling. There is also a perception Arsenal are vulnerable to having our top players picked off, a narrative that started over 10 years ago when Nasri and Cesc were sold in the same window, even RVP left us for United more than a decade ago. Anyone who feels Arsenal would be a soft touch and that Saka, Martinelli or Odegaard could be got for less than 100m should think again.

Rice to Arsenal is a strong probability. We will be signing top class players, not selling them

Its not just CL. Ever since the Kroenke's took full ownership, investment has been made and we haven't sold a major player. The last big player to leave against our will was Sanchez over 5 years ago. There is a perception the Kroenke's are cheap owners unwilling to invest - it used to be true but that narrative is unravelling. There is also a perception Arsenal are vulnerable to having our top players picked off, a narrative that started over 10 years ago when Nasri and Cesc were sold in the same window, even RVP left us for United more than a decade ago. Anyone who feels Arsenal would be a soft touch and that Saka, Martinelli or Odegaard could be got for less than 100m should think again.

Rice to Arsenal is a strong probability. We will be signing top class players, not selling them

Interesting.

To clarify my point on CL, it wasn't about unlocking budget but about the increased attraction to top quality players. Previously the top clubs in the CL were a better option because of that.

Zinchenko and Jesus had the Arteta connection.
Odegaard, who I think is your best player, wasn't at this level when he was signed and his track record meant there was a question mark over whether he'd ever fulfil his potential.
Saka and Martinelli have been developed at the club.
Gabriel and Saliba have been smart signings given time to develop too.

CL means you can go out and get more top quality, mature signings who can have immediate impact the way Jesus and Zinchenko have this season. Rice is a good example. Cancelo could be but maybe they'll stick with a younger profile.

After a RB and DM, what's stopping them competing for Victor Osimhen now? They've not been I'm the Bellingham discussion but a couple of stable seasons in the CL and they're in that cohort again. It will be hard for those below to displace them. Look how long it's taken Arsenal to do it.

Good player.

Fantastic would be a better description.

Another wonderful performance to see his team into a final for the first time in 43 years.

He was everywhere again making blocks and interceptions,as well as getting forward and making incisive passes.Such discipline and superb leadership qualities too,and a seemingly brilliant lad off the pitch.

He would be a great addition here.

Love your input on the forum, good to hear from rival fans without it turning in to a shit show and feel your discussion is well balanced.
Where do you think Arsenal sit now in terms of performance between first half of the season when you were flying and second half when you have struggled a lot more. I am not sure whether Arsenal can kick on next year (unless they get 3 or 4 new 1st teamers) as all the teams will be wary of them and you will end up facing a defensive block like City and to a certain extent Liverpool have had to deal with for the last 10 years. A lot of clubs will be happy with draws playing counter attacking and my view is the first half of the year teams were too open against you. You played well and generally outscored them but next year I don't see you getting that freedom

The changes to the numbers in the champions league with 5 entrants from the Premier League may loosen the purse strings a little more at Arsenal. Think they will be looking to fight off Chelsea and Newcastle for top 5 going forward but with the Newcastle owners there is still one of the “big 6” gonna miss out. I no longer count Spurs in big 6.

True, but Arsenal must be very tempting as he would be the main man and would be guaranteed games.

Here he may well have a very difficult first season and moving up north for a londoner is a big commitment in itself.
Mate, we have motorised transport "oop norf" & we no longer point to the sky & run screaming in terror every time we see a big iron bird landing at Ringway.

We also need to let Rice know us Norvern Monkees we don't walk around barefoot & live in caves any longer. I'm pretty sure if we get these clarifications through to Rice, he may well consider moving Norf of Watford & consider likkle ole City as a career possibility... :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.