Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic would be a better description.

Another wonderful performance to see his team into a final for the first time in 43 years.

He was everywhere again making blocks and interceptions,as well as getting forward and making incisive passes.Such discipline and superb leadership qualities too,and a seemingly brilliant lad off the pitch.

He would be a great addition here.
He would.

I keep saying that if Bernie and Gundo are going, we should try and get Rice and Bellingham. It's not like for like but under Pep, and with the need to rotate, I think it would work.

Pep would improve Rice more than curry sauce.

He could play alongside Rodri: both can defend and attack.

Rice will recently have watched Arsenal getting dicked by Brighton followed very closely by City giving Real Madrid the run around. He's got England colleagues Walker, Stones, Grealish and Foden here and the possibility of competing for the top trophies whilst being coached by one of the greatest managers in the history of the sport. If we're in for him he'd be a moron to go elsewhere (no offence Arsenal).
If the top tier players only ever moved to the existing winners, you would never have been able to get ahead of Man United.

Rice if he went to Arsenal would exist in a midfield with Odegaard, & given Xhaka is leaving for Leverkusen, there is another position to fill on the left edge of our midfield - rumours are we will also bid for Caicedo. A midfield of Rice, Caicedo, Odegaard is capable of being considered title worthy.

If the top tier players only ever moved to the existing winners, you would never have been able to get ahead of Man United.

Rice if he went to Arsenal would exist in a midfield with Odegaard, & given Xhaka is leaving for Leverkusen, there is another position to fill on the left edge of our midfield - rumours are we will also bid for Caicedo. A midfield of Rice, Caicedo, Odegaard is capable of being considered title worthy.
Not if your attack and defence is sub standard

Not if your attack and defence is sub standard
We were doing well until we lost Saliba and Tomiyasu. And our attack is fine. 83 goals scored with 4 players each above 10 league goals. Saka and Martinelli still only 21 and 20, massive room for improvement. Martinelli will get 20 in the league next season

He would.

I keep saying that if Bernie and Gundo are going, we should try and get Rice and Bellingham. It's not like for like but under Pep, and with the need to rotate, I think it would work.

Yep,no argument,as i keep saying too.

Only i think MacAllister and Rice are the better combo for our needs.

We were doing well until we lost Saliba and Tomiyasu. And our attack is fine. 83 goals scored with 4 players each above 10 league goals. Saka and Martinelli still only 21 and 20, massive room for improvement. Martinelli will get 20 in the league next season
To be fair I was talking about the lack of depth at centre forward if you lose Gabriel Jesus who although a great allround player struggles to score regularly.also you lost saliba in defence and your form then fell of a cliff you need good back up in them key areas.

Wouldn‘t a transfer outlay of £200m + represent buying the title in the language of the Hateful Eight of which Arsenal are a founder and very active member?

He would.

Curry and Rice?

giphy.gif

Reactions: OB1
Yep,no argument,as i keep saying too.

Only i think MacAllister and Rice are the better combo for our needs.

And no argument from me that would appear to be a better balanced combo. I certainly wouldn't be crying into my (ginger) beer if we signed those two this summer.

Pep keeps evolving the side and how we play. He's never turning into Big Sam but I rather like the fact that our current best starting XI features so many big strong players, without any loss in technical ability. Pep is building the perfect beast for English football but one that is also, hopefully, going to be able to dominate in Europe too.

It's fun for us to speculate and debate but what we know is that City do not buy randomly or get attracted to the newest shiny toy.

I'm actually not sure that I wouldn't prefer Rice to Bellingham.

And no argument from me that would appear to be a better balanced combo. I certainly wouldn't be crying into my (ginger) beer if we signed those two this summer.

Pep keeps evolving the side and how we play. He's never turning into Big Sam but I rather like the fact that our current best starting XI features so many big strong players, without any loss in technical ability. Pep is building the perfect beast for English football but one that is also, hopefully, going to be able to dominate in Europe too.

It's fun for us to speculate and debate but what we know is that City do not buy randomly or get attracted to the newest shiny toy.

I'm actually not sure that I wouldn't prefer Rice to Bellingham.

The advantage of Rice is the character and the lack of a circus that accompanies him,he just professionally and quietly goes about his business,i see him as a much better fit in our dressing room,and our mantra,than Bellingham.

Haaland is an exception to a degree,although he does seem remarkably grounded and level headed,but we dont do 'superstars' and 'galactico's' very well here,and thats exactly how i suspect the club and us fans want it to remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.