Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this. There's no buyer and where would he want to go?

I don't think people are realising that Arsenal getting back into CL is a game changer. Honestly, I think it's an era shift for English football and the next few years will be City/Arsenal toe to toe. I only see Liverpool being able to break it up but they need a very good transfer window to sort their midfield.

United and Newcastle could compete but it will take them a couple more seasons.

Chelsea and Spurs have damaged themselves too much.
As WHU & Brighton found out recently, playing every three days is taxing.

De Zerbi complained about this recently, so albeit they're back to playing once a week, he feels he needs to heavily rotate as his squad is struggling with the demands! \0/

Arteta knows they've had the game time advantage over us all season & it still may not be enough, so just imagine next season for Arsenal?

Real on Weds, ManUre away in the league on Sunday, then a League cup match against WHU the following Weds, with Brighton away the following Saturday & the Real reverse the following Tuesday.

Arteta won't be able to rinse the same set of players & maintain a challenge on several fronts. They're gonna have to spend heavily, but so will Newcastle, ManUre, the Dippers & the Chavs.

City know the deal. It's massive fuckin pressure every season & we know we daren't stand still for a second. It's a type of pressure Arsenal haven't had for years.

Next season promises to be a tough son of a woman for all comers imo, including City... \0/

Rice will recently have watched Arsenal getting dicked by Brighton followed very closely by City giving Real Madrid the run around. He's got England colleagues Walker, Stones, Grealish and Foden here and the possibility of competing for the top trophies whilst being coached by one of the greatest managers in the history of the sport. If we're in for him he'd be a moron to go elsewhere (no offence Arsenal).

As WHU & Brighton found out recently, playing every three days is taxing.

De Zerbi complained about this recently, so albeit they're back to playing once a week, he feels he needs to heavily rotate as his squad is struggling with the demands! \0/

Arteta knows they've had the game time advantage over us all season & it still may not be enough, so just imagine next season for Arsenal?

Real on Weds, ManUre away in the league on Sunday, then a League cup match against WHU the following Weds, with Brighton away the following Saturday & the Real reverse the following Tuesday.

Arteta won't be able to rinse the same set of players & maintain a challenge on several fronts. They're gonna have to spend heavily, but so will Newcastle, ManUre, the Dippers & the Chavs.

City know the deal. It's massive fuckin pressure every season & we know we daren't stand still for a second. It's a type of pressure Arsenal haven't had for years.

Next season promises to be a tough son of a woman for all comers imo, including City... \0/

I hear you but bear in mind they had Europa League this season and their core players are very young considering how well they're doing so getting stronger every season, which should balance that out quite a bit.

I don't disagree a lot cos CL is obviously a step up, but I do think they'll be able to handle it. They're just doing the sensible things like signing quality, steady, professionals, and having a consistent strategy. They've been putting the pieces in place for 3 seasons now under Arteta and he'll keep steering them right. That squad is already better than 17 or 18 teams in the league (I'd take Liverpool over them and maybe Chelsea, and well you know the other one ;-))

I hear you but bear in mind they had Europa League this season and their core players are very young considering how well they're doing so getting stronger every season, which should balance that out quite a bit.

I don't disagree a lot cos CL is obviously a step up, but I do think they'll be able to handle it. They're just doing the sensible things like signing quality, steady, professionals, and having a consistent strategy. They've been putting the pieces in place for 3 seasons now under Arteta and he'll keep steering them right. That squad is already better than 17 or 18 teams in the league (I'd take Liverpool over them and maybe Chelsea, and well you know the other one ;-))
It's the level of opposition they'll face both domestically & in Europe that will increase the pressure on them.

Agreed they'll cope, but Newcastle, ManUre, Chavs, Dippers, Spuds & City will have something to say about matters. 7 into 4 CL places doesn't go & next season it's unlikely the chavs will have any European distractions.

If Arteta had the equivalent of Arsenal, Fulham, WHU & Leeds both fighting relegation followed by this lot, this season would have been infinitely more difficult for them...

Screenshot_20230519-122502_Chrome.jpg

Fantastic would be a better description.

Another wonderful performance to see his team into a final for the first time in 43 years.

He was everywhere again making blocks and interceptions,as well as getting forward and making incisive passes.Such discipline and superb leadership qualities too,and a seemingly brilliant lad off the pitch.

He would be a great addition here.
Football really is surprising sometimes because it amazes me that some people don't see this. He's already a top player, god only knows what he'd be like after two years with Pep.

Mate, we have motorised transport "oop norf" & we no longer point to the sky & run screaming in terror every time we see a big iron bird landing at Ringway.

We also need to let Rice know us Norvern Monkees we don't walk around barefoot & live in caves any longer. I'm pretty sure if we get these clarifications through to Rice, he may well consider moving Norf of Watford & consider likkle ole City as a career possibility... :-)
100% agree but the interview he did with Neville early in the season makes me think he would be very reluctant to leave the smoke.

Arsenal maybe would be the better move for him, he would play ever game and be the main man, possibly captain, with us he may struggle for regular games until he got up to speed and there is Rodri, good luck to hi trying to get that dudes place !

Fantastic would be a better description.

Another wonderful performance to see his team into a final for the first time in 43 years.

He was everywhere again making blocks and interceptions,as well as getting forward and making incisive passes.Such discipline and superb leadership qualities too,and a seemingly brilliant lad off the pitch.

He would be a great addition here.
If we continue with the current system we are running, he'll simply take over the John Stones current position. And I think he'd play it better than John does. And, with Laporte gone for sure that will leave us with 4 CBs ( Ruben, John, Akanji and Ake) for 3 positions. Plus Walker and Lewis. Walker as a specialty RB to shutdown speedy wingers and Lewis to play when we need greater and more creative possession.

Interesting thought. But I don't see it ( I.e. us going for him). Also, this will mean our Leeds boy is a goner too.
However, I'm more interested in the Bernardo replacement. Hence why Enzo Le Fee is the current envy of my eye. I like him as the Bernardo/ Gundo replacement.

Last edited:
It will be West Ham's final game at home on Sunday, so the focus will be on him to see if he betrays any emotions that suggest he is leaving, much perhaps like Gundogan and Bernardo.

Rice is only 24, so if he wants to win the big pots sooner, rather than later, he'd be better coming to us. We've been in the Champions League consistently for 12 years, but in that time we've only made the final twice, despite the quality of our players, which just shows how difficult a tournament it is. By contrast, Arsenal are a project in the building, much like Chelsea, and there's simply no guarantee that they'll be winning domestic trophies, let alone winning the Champions League in the next 5 years. If he chooses to stay in London for his personal circumstances, fair enough, but if he or any player chooses to be 'playing Champions League football' rather than 'wanting to win the Champions League', then we don't need them.

It will be West Ham's final game at home on Sunday, so the focus will be on him to see if he betrays any emotions that suggest he is leaving, much perhaps like Gundogan and Bernardo.

Rice is only 24, so if he wants to win the big pots sooner, rather than later, he'd be better coming to us. We've been in the Champions League consistently for 12 years, but in that time we've only made the final twice, despite the quality of our players, which just shows how difficult a tournament it is. By contrast, Arsenal are a project in the building, much like Chelsea, and there's simply no guarantee that they'll be winning domestic trophies, let alone winning the Champions League in the next 5 years. If he chooses to stay in London for his personal circumstances, fair enough, but if he or any player chooses to be 'playing Champions League football' rather than 'wanting to win the Champions League', then we don't need them.

I always wonder how many players look at Walker and his decision to come here while Kane stayed and didn’t force his move.

Walker has since won 4 Premier Leagues amongst a few cups too. It might make other players think twice before thinking about committing to a club they’re at when they have the chance to progress. Rice seems to be falling into the Walker category in knowing what he wants rather than being scared of pissing off a fan base.

I always wonder how many players look at Walker and his decision to come here while Kane stayed and didn’t force his move.

Walker has since won 4 Premier Leagues amongst a few cups too. It might make other players think twice before thinking about committing to a club they’re at when they have the chance to progress. Rice seems to be falling into the Walker category in knowing what he wants rather than being scared of pissing off a fan base.
Walker won a trophy with QPR and currently has 11 with us.

We don’t even know if we are interested in Rice, but if we are and he comes, I think many West Ham fans would prefer that to seeing him join another London club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.