Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are hugely overestimating his ability to play in a similar role as Gundo. Or hugely underestimating Gundo and how much better he is than Rice. Rice is more similar to Rodri, just worse in every way.
Where am I comparing him to Gundo? I said he could play in that role. And no he has never played as a lone 6 like Rodri for club or country, so comparing him to Rodri has zero validity at this time.

I am late to the party. I know. That's because I wanted to focus on wishing for Bellingham. Who was my #1 choice. By a mile.

But now that that's no longer an option and I see Madrid as a legitimate future nemesis with their athletic Triumvirate of Bellingham, Tchouameni and Camavinga, I like the idea of a Robust Rodri, Rice, and Phil or whoever will be out 3rd Mid if Phil stays on the Frontline.

But a base of Rodri and Rice for the next 6 years challenging those 3 sound like a good start to me.

I am late to the party. I know. That's because I wanted to focus on wishing for Bellingham. Who was my #1 choice. By a mile.

But now that that's no longer an option and I see Madrid as a legitimate future nemesis with their athletic Triumvirate of Bellingham, Tchouameni and Camavinga, I like the idea of a Robust Rodri, Rice, and Phil or whoever will be out 3rd Mid if Phil stays on the Frontline.

But a base of Rodri and Rice for the next 6 years challenging those 3 sound like a good start to me.
I think Phil goes central next season.

I dont see the Rodri and Rice pairing works personally.

Remember that Stones will push into midfield and Rice has to push up. Rice makes more sense as rotation option to those 2.

His attacking qualities arent good enough as an 8. We need a more agile, silky player like the Gundogan mold, hence the Kovacic links.

Would also like a more attacking player like Wirtz personally.

You're forgetting the £30m English player tax.
Another reason not to bother then. Give me a David or Bernardo Silva, a Phil Foden, a Rodri or a Grealish any day over Rice. Not saying he's bad but just not as good as there is out there. We don't need Rice anyway. Pep is working with Kalvin Phillips and he will be up to scratch very soon.

Follow the money is my motto. What are the bookmakers saying? The average price given by bookmakers of City signing Rice is about 15 to 1. 15/1 = 6% chance. Arsenal are the only club that is below even odds, and well even odds.

There doesnt appear to be any interest from Man City where as we are supposedly boing to table a bid of over 90m. Throw in the London factor and all roads point to Rice signing for Arsenal.

On what I watched, in a "major" final (according to bt sport), I'd say it's just halved, he did next to fuck all, in a poor game, that was West Hams biggest in 40+ years.

I agree - a Kalvin Phillips who if he stays injury free and enjoys a good pre-season offers what Rice does for me - I have watched Rice in league and England games and can't get on board the hype - in a poor team its easy to shine whereas Phillips has yet to shine but in a team of greats - why spunk £100m on Rice?

Follow the money is my motto. What are the bookmakers saying? The average price given by bookmakers of City signing Rice is about 15 to 1. 15/1 = 6% chance. Arsenal are the only club that is below even odds, and well even odds.

There doesnt appear to be any interest from Man City where as we are supposedly boing to table a bid of over 90m. Throw in the London factor and all roads point to Rice signing for Arsenal.
I hope you enjoy him, if tonight is anything to go on, he won't improve you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.