Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Phillips leaves, he will not be a target for us.
I tend to agree with that. I don’t think Phillips will leave. He was not fit for much of the first part of the season and, after the WC, Pep settled on a team to take us through to the end. With Stones’ new role and the form of Rodri, Phillips was never going to get in there. A little unlucky.
He has performed quite well for England and I think Pep will give him another year with plenty of minutes in the early part of the season and then decide.

It was a terrible game last night,a typical Italian affair......very stop start and a lack of real quality.No individual was going to be at their best in such circumstance's,and so it proved for Rice.

Saying that......he was still probably the Hammers best player,he made some vital interceptions and as usual got himself in the right places at the right times.He was also the man leading and inspiring,as he has done all season.

He's a top player and lad.

Was excellent last night, would make any side stronger.
He's an excellent player, don't think he makes us stronger though. Not better than Rodri or Stones. As an attacking player not better than anyone we have and not good enough to replace any, Foden would be a better replacement for Bernardo. He's far too good to just be a squad player.

One thing I haven’t understood is why we would go for him this summer when we could have gone for him last summer? The fee would have been similarly high, of course, but then we presumably wouldn’t have bought Phillips, so that money could have been offset.

I'd like Rice, but I want to see how Phillips performs for us next season and we see from Phillips what John and Ruben have said about his Passing being outrageous and one of the best in the squad.

We haven't seen this outrageous passing that they are on about from Phillips yet only glimpses. His passing must good for them both to say that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.