Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you enjoy him, if tonight is anything to go on, he won't improve you much.
Its what he can offer us. He wins the ball at all ends of the pitch, cuts of passing lanes, finds forward passes and his physical & never gets injured.

Different dynamic at Arsenal, he will have more players ahead of him than he is used to at West Ham.

I still think a Rice, Caicedo, Odegaard midfield is a realistic scenario next season for Arsenal

Its what he can offer us. He wins the ball at all ends of the pitch, cuts of passing lanes, finds forward passes and his physical & never gets injured.

Different dynamic at Arsenal, he will have more players ahead of him than he is used to at West Ham.

I still think a Rice, Caicedo, Odegaard midfield is a realistic scenario next season for Arsenal
Change your name to DelusionalGonner!

One decent season in the league and you are back…

Did you use to be a rag fan?

Follow the money is my motto. What are the bookmakers saying? The average price given by bookmakers of City signing Rice is about 15 to 1. 15/1 = 6% chance. Arsenal are the only club that is below even odds, and well even odds.

There doesnt appear to be any interest from Man City where as we are supposedly boing to table a bid of over 90m. Throw in the London factor and all roads point to Rice signing for Arsenal.

Agreed. I bet my house on Arsenal winning the league when the bookies said so. Just look at me now!

I think Phil goes central next season.

I dont see the Rodri and Rice pairing works personally.

Remember that Stones will push into midfield and Rice has to push up. Rice makes more sense as rotation option to those 2.

His attacking qualities arent good enough as an 8. We need a more agile, silky player like the Gundogan mold, hence the Kovacic links.

Would also like a more attacking player like Wirtz personally.
Well that's where we differ, I think Rice is a better DM than John. And I'd like him to takeover that role and John can be the emergency fill in for either him or Rodri in the case of injury or rotation.

The 8 is Kovacic. I know he isn't as good as Beeny or Gundo. But he is the 8

I hope you enjoy him, if tonight is anything to go on, he won't improve you much.

Seen this said a few times tonight elsewhere, it's just as well people scout players on more than 1 game.

You might be right, but how good will it be ?

I'm not trying to downplay it by the way, just curious how you think it will gel ?

I'm not sure we get Caceido, I think he's Chelsea bound, we don't seem to be going all in on him like we will for Rice, might be wrong though.

In this scenario I would see Caceido taking on the Partey role long term and Rice taking over the Xhaka role.

I think all are waiting to see how Rice will develop in a more box to box role for an attacking team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.