Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine player, but I am not sure how serious our interest is. Any reports from our our tier one journalists yet?

If Rice were single and childless, I would be bricking it right now. However, with a newborn I just subscribe fully to the notion he wants to stay in London and within his family hub.

Have West Ham name dropped City to extort a higher fee from us? Have City registered interest to fuck with us? Or is the interest from City genuine and your going to have a crack. Who knows. But at the end of the day, Rice will pick his next club, and with a newborn I really cant see him making a move 200 miles up the road.

Footballers with kids move to new cities and new countries all of the time. As do normal people with far less means than Declan Rice. He'll go where makes the best sense for his career and his bank balance no doubt (which might well be Arsenal). I don't think he's going to be too worried about finding a babysitter whatever the case.

I said this when we were signing KP, and the same applies here. Good players stick out like a sore thumb when playing in poor teams. Does Rice really stand out playing for West Ham anymore than Philips did playing for Leeds? If you want obvious examples, look at Tevez playing for West Ham, or Mane playing for Southampton, or Van Dijk playing for Southampton, or Moderic playing for Spurs, or Di Canio playing for Sheffield Wednesday and West Ham. It’s much easier to spot a good player in a poor team, and I have yet to see anything special from Rice whenever I’ve watched West Ham’s games.

Last edited:
Martin Samuel wrote a good piece on the Rice transfer at the weekend - wondering why a number of clubs, including City, weren't in for him (perhaps he knew something?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.