Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footballers with kids move to new cities and new countries all of the time. As do normal people with far less means than Declan Rice. He'll go where makes the best sense for his career and his bank balance no doubt (which might well be Arsenal). I don't think he's going to be too worried about finding a babysitter whatever the case.
He’ll be looking at Grealish and Haaland and seeing how their moves have turned out. Plus the fact that his best mate (Mount) seems to be moving to Manchester as well.

Playing for the European champions will be more of a draw than staying in London.

City interest and if bids kinda signals the Gundo is on his way and are looking for a way to wrap it up with Barca.. Cos I see him more of a replacement for Gundo, (but without the offensive output) than Bernardo (who I feel Kova is more a replacement with his excellent ball recycling), I feel both are downgrades a the minute though.. maybe Rice can develop that with Pep though.

Cos I dont believe Philips its on his way and will be given another season.

They will all alternate, and positions as well. I believe Rice will then play with Rodri a lot as well.

City interest and if bids kinda signals the Gundo is on his way and are looking for a way to wrap it up with Barca.. Cos I see him more of a replacement for Gundo, (but without the offensive output) than Bernardo (who I feel Kova is more a replacement with his excellent ball recycling), I feel both are downgrades a the minute though.. maybe Rice can develop that with Pep though.

Cos I dont believe Philips its on his way and will be given another season.

They will all alternate, and positions as well. I believe Rice will then play with Rodri a lot as well.
They're both huge downgrades. I'm hoping Kova will be a rotational option rather than a Bernie replacement. Would be very underwhelming if it's the latter.

For what it's worth, I think what you say make a lot of sense.

Something has obviously happened between Rice and Chelsea so much so that they aren't even in the conversation for him this year, and considering they were massive favourites before Boehly's arrival, that's a big u turn.

Plus the fact a boyhood player like Mason Mount, who happens to be 1 of Rice's best friends wants out of Chelsea, suggests that something has went wrong somewhere when negotiating with his team as well.
According to an arse poster on here, I can't see Mount coming up here because it's 200 miles away.

He’ll be looking at Grealish and Haaland and seeing how their moves have turned out. Plus the fact that his best mate (Mount) seems to be moving to Manchester as well.

Playing for the European champions will be more of a draw than staying in London.

I don't think Mount being in Manchester will be any more of a draw than his family being in London tbh. But i agree that seeing other players thrive in Manchester will be a draw. I guess if City go in for him it will come down to the financial package on offer and how he figures in each team's plans. If he believes that he could be the missing piece for Arsenal and genuinely get them over the line for a title then that would be a pretty exciting project to be involved with. But also he's counting on Arsenal to retain players and continue to build in that scenario. At the same time, whilst a move to City has a better likelihood of delivering trophies more easily than at Arsenal, the challenge is to show he's good enough to slot into at that level and keep them winning trophies.

If Rice were single and childless, I would be bricking it right now. However, with a newborn I just subscribe fully to the notion he wants to stay in London and within his family hub.

Have West Ham name dropped City to extort a higher fee from us? Have City registered interest to fuck with us? Or is the interest from City genuine and your going to have a crack. Who knows. But at the end of the day, Rice will pick his next club, and with a newborn I really cant see him making a move 200 miles up the road.
I genuinely think he will go to Arsenal but your reasoning is the worst argument I’ve heard for sometime.

It’s 200 miles as you say. Players move continents with young families, let alone moving a couple of hours away and I’ve heard that Greater Manchester also has houses and schools and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.