Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This latter sounds promising. Stones in that hybrid role hasnt reached its peak!

So you think he would move to Manchester then?

I don't think Manchester is the issue at all.

He turned United down. He didn't turn down Manchester. That's a convenient narrative being spun.

With regards to City, of course he'd play here. But Arsenal is a solid project in it''s early stages and they can sell him a chance at being a key part of that and not having to leave his comfort. I can see the allure to it and yesterday we heard everything was tied up with terms and arsenal and West Ham negotiating so for me the two outcomes I outlined a few pages back are the only two logical ones. If City don't mess about and offer West Ham a low hassle transfer, Rice would definitely listen...but if West Ham and Arsenal are sorted then it may be too late. Point being he certainly isn't putting Arsenal on the long finger to wait for us.

From what I can gather from certain Arsenal forums, West Ham have been underwhelmed by Arsenal's offer. It was apparently short on shekels and chock-full of more clauses than Magna Carta, which sounds par for the Arsenal course. Even if we are uninterested, we should fan the flames: the deeper Arsenal have to dip into their piggy bank, the less there is to reinforce elsewhere.

200w.gif
serial loser

I don't think Manchester is the issue at all.

He turned United down. He didn't turn down Manchester. That's a convenient narrative being spun.

With regards to City, of course he'd play here. But Arsenal is a solid project in it''s early stages and they can sell him a chance at being a key part of that and not having to leave his comfort. I can see the allure to it and yesterday we heard everything was tied up with terms and arsenal and West Ham negotiating so for me the two outcomes I outlined a few pages back are the only two logical ones. If City don't mess about and offer West Ham a low hassle transfer, Rice would definitely listen...but if West Ham and Arsenal are sorted then it may be too late. Point being he certainly isn't putting Arsenal on the long finger to wait for us.

I imagine West Ham would prefer to sell to us then Arsenal as well though?

If Rice were single and childless, I would be bricking it right now. However, with a newborn I just subscribe fully to the notion he wants to stay in London and within his family hub.

Have West Ham name dropped City to extort a higher fee from us? Have City registered interest to fuck with us? Or is the interest from City genuine and your going to have a crack. Who knows. But at the end of the day, Rice will pick his next club, and with a newborn I really cant see him making a move 200 miles up the road.
sorry mate but hes not a carpenter, he could afford to move his family to Tuscany if thats where he wanted to play

I imagine West Ham would prefer to sell to us then Arsenal as well though?

No idea on that front, but money is money, we have players they would probably love a sniff of and we won't drag out terms. When we lose out on players it's usually because selling club or players agents have gotten greedy, not that we won't pay up. Grealish and Haaland proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.