Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ. It’s not raggish, it’s confidence in the club I support being a major attraction to top level footballers. I don’t see it as us having a divine right to have any player we want - far from it - but I do undoubtedly see us as being more attractive than most other clubs. Especially in England.

I’ll say it again, if a player chooses not to come here because he doesn’t believe in his own ability or is worried about it being ‘hard work’ to play under the best coach of his generation then I’d rather we miss out.

But personally I think he doesn’t see it as that and will put a lot of stock into personal glory. As would the majority of players.

The same reason Harry Kane gets shit for staying at Spurs. You can appreciate his loyalty (or stupidity to sign a contract when he did) but at the end of the day he’ll have regrets when he looks back.

English players will have seen Walker, Grealish, Phillips, Foden and Stones win the treble then met up with them a few days later at the England camp and thought ‘I’ll have a bit of that if I can’. They’d be silly not to.

Walker had 0 trophies when he signed for us, now he’s swimming in them. He jumped ship and Kane didn’t, it’s an easy contrast to make but it’s a pretty stark one too.
Raggish

I don’t tap into this he’s a London lad he’ll want to stay in London etc…it’s not the thinking of a modern day footballer. We’ve had great players from all over the world coming for the right reasons. . It just doesn’t happen that footballers stay local as that’s where their from and settled . If he chooses arsenal then in my opinion it’ll be because he’ll be the main man
If he chooses us it’ll be because he’s held a pot with West Ham and wants more of the same .

That’s a good question… I had a knife “incident” this morning with my packed lunch!

I shouldn’t jest on such serious subject matter but it’s a surprising stat and I’m not sure I believe it tbh.
Far more deaths in the smoke than in the greater cottonopolis area, you can manipulate stats easily, fact is many more deaths down there than up here

Haha, you silly sausage.

Always a pleasure to have a mature debate in the transfer forum.
Sorry mate, I was about to delete the message, because I knew it was harsh… just on the wind-up. You make good points pal, but I just don’t see it as straight forward as you do. There’s all sorts of factors that come into play for a player choosing their next step and simply being the most successful club, with the best manager, isn’t the only thing to be considered… and the idea that if a players turns down said club, then they lack ambition or mental fortitude etc, that I think is raggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.