Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the OP of this thread, I wanted him 3 years ago but things have changed a lot in our team since then.

I actually rate Rice as a holding midfielder HOWEVER, we already have Rodri who’s the worlds best in that role and Phillips who like most players under Pep will improve tremendously in his second year and he is on record as saying he’s going nowhere.

So my question is simple…

Where does he actually fit into this team ?
Txiki and co got so tired of everyone saying we have 2 world class players in every position theyre going to go out and do it

Always been an admirer of rice (Declan & usually pilau)

If Pep wants him and sees a place than get it done as no doubt he’ll end up turning in to the best left back in the league 6 months down the line or something similar.

However it was my cheque book and the quoted prices are correct at ~£90m all in, I can’t help but think in terms of our current squad with the signing of Kovacic especially that we’d be better throwing it at a wide player that’s going to contribute and help Erling, maybe of course they are planning on both.

I’d still really like to see Kimmich in this team and system too.

Ultimately as I say whatever Pep and the board choose works for me; they have more than earned that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.