Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also seems a leader and I do think we risk being short of these.

Potentially all 3 of the signings we are most linked with have leader attributes.

Is it that the players have the skill set and this is a bonus or have we targeted this area.

Fair enough. Like I said, I don’t think we have a divine right to get him just because we want him (which would be raggish) but instead think we’re a more attractive option to players.

I get it’s not a straight forward decision because of family etc. but also think the mentality we have in this squad (Dias, Rodri) wouldn’t give a shit about where they live as long as they win trophies and that’s what makes us successful.

I wouldn’t judge him if he decided to go to Arsenal but I also wouldn’t lose sleep if he did because he wouldn’t, in my opinion at least, have that same killer mentality that we’ve built. Yet anyway.
I agree with that mate… moving to a new country and starting afresh and applying yourself the way Rodri/Dias for eg have done etc is on paper, more difficult than relocating 200 miles north for Rice. Each player is different and the difference between Arsenal/City is very different to Benfica/City. Anyway, let’s agree to disagree. If Rice ends up signing for Arsenal, I won’t see that as him having some mental weakness, but we won’t see the same on this one evidently.

Christ. It’s not raggish, it’s confidence in the club I support being a major attraction to top level footballers. I don’t see it as us having a divine right to have any player we want - far from it - but I do undoubtedly see us as being more attractive than most other clubs. Especially in England.

I’ll say it again, if a player chooses not to come here because he doesn’t believe in his own ability or is worried about it being ‘hard work’ to play under the best coach of his generation then I’d rather we miss out.

But personally I think he doesn’t see it as that and will put a lot of stock into personal glory. As would the majority of players.

The same reason Harry Kane gets shit for staying at Spurs. You can appreciate his loyalty (or stupidity to sign a contract when he did) but at the end of the day he’ll have regrets when he looks back.

Walker had 0 trophies when he signed for us, now he’s swimming in them. He jumped ship and Kane didn’t, it’s an easy contrast to make but it’s a pretty stark one too.

English players will have seen Walker, Grealish, Phillips, Foden and Stones win the treble then met up with them a few days later at the England camp and thought ‘I’ll have a bit of that if I can’. They’d be silly not to.
Totally agree.

I agree with that mate… moving to a new country and starting afresh and applying yourself the way Rodri/Dias for eg have done etc is on paper, more difficult than relocating 200 miles north for Rice. Each player is different and the difference between Arsenal/City is very different to Benfica/City. Anyway, let’s agree to disagree. If Rice ends up signing for Arsenal, I won’t see that as him having some mental weakness, but we won’t see the same on this one evidently.
We do have a Devine right - Jesus is a City fan after all…….

Now, can I leave this site to you to keep it quiet for the night? Left it for an hour at lunchtime and it went mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.