Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why. Quite a number of years back, they were ok.

Now there’s an over-saturation of them trying to make a quick buck as they say
That and the emphasis on going viral meaning that it pays to have ridiculously over-the-top reactions or opinions. It's not a surprise to see some of the biggest twats getting a gig with TalkSport. It's the same reason that every post match show is more interested in 'hilarious' banter rather than actual analysis these days, and every chat show is more interested in making celebrities play wacky games rather than actually interviewing them.

I think the fact that Ornstein reported yesterday that City a preparing a bid, and West Ham were expecting it yesterday, to today the reports are, City unsure what the midfield will look like. If we were 100% serious, the bid would have been in first thing this morning, as it won’t be long until Arsenals 3rd bid is in.

Unless Arsenal are waiting to see what City bid, so they can match or outbid us (I highly doubt this is the case as they’re already so close to a deal)
If you believe anything Simon Bjakowski writes then more fool you,

City are well known for doing deals swiftly and quietly. Nothing gets leaked. I remember grealish was still being touted for united 2 days before we signed him

Yep! Its also laughable to think that we are just saying we are interested to bump the price for the arse to help west ham out? I imagine being a grown up organisation that we are just focusing on making sure we have a fantastic summer window and go for history again next season with fresh new players.

its hilarious that people believe we havent registered an interest and now being reported we dont yet know what we want our midfield to look like for next season??

Absolutely. It’s absurd.

This club isn’t run by jokers who make decisions by flipping coins and dicking around like nearly every other team in the league (maybe with the exception of Brighton). The media just make this standing assumption that this is how all clubs operate. Ours doesn’t.

Yes we have to be fluid and plan A doesn’t always work out, but you can be absolutely sure we have plans B through Z already laid and we’re just executing.

Any perceived indecision that the media is reporting on is by design. Khaldoon and Txiki don’t do indecision and freestyle shotgun transfer policy, they are serious people.

I know we all are basically working of opinions, and yes maybe some have scraps of inside info, but i get the feeling that we're nothing more than interested and have no intention of making a bid. My understanding is that we usually put a valuation on a player and i suspect that arsenal have already bid more than we think he's worth which usually sees us walk away.

Sure, "lied" is probably too strong a term tbf, it would be better to say that we've been told "yes" by plenty of people before who have then chosen to go elsewhere, so I'm not getting giddy.

Do you mean it would negatively impact the wages because they'd take the transfer money out of the wage packet? I'm not certain that follows necessarily because we see regularly see agents stoking bidding wars to play off clubs for wage offers.Why would they do this?

Happens all the time. The more they save on fee, the more they can afford on wages.

Usually applicable in any supposed bidding war.

To be clear, City pushing the button on Rice has come to me from West Ham.

It was City, however, where I was told months ago that he was the Bellingham fall back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.