Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Haaland thread turned into a Rice debate but I’ll put my two penny in here - he’s brilliant but Rodney is better in every department.

I’d be all for him coming but he wouldn’t be a backup and I’m not sure he’d fit in elsewhere/in the ‘number 8’ position we have.

In Txiki/Pep we trust, though, and it’d be exciting to have yet another young English player in the core of the team.

The posts about how “we don’t need him”, “too expensive and we would never pay”, “rags bound”, “overrated” etc are about to start. Which is exactly how the Grealish thread played out a year ago when he started liking and posting about us. Someone will post “he is going to Chelsea because he has a friend there”. The truth is, right now, if Pep calls, he will likely come

The posts about how “we don’t need him”, “too expensive and we would never pay”, “rags bound”, “overrated” etc are about to start. Which is exactly how the Grealish thread played out a year ago when he started liking and posting about us. Someone will post “he is going to Chelsea because he has a friend there”. The truth is, right now, if Pep calls, he will likely come
Maybe some of us aren't as convinced as others about him as a player who's going to hit the very top?
Strange I know.
My stance hasn't changed since the thread started. Will have a great career but I don't see him wearing a City shirt. Seems a nice kid as well from snippets I've seen and heard from interviews.
If he did end up here I'd love nothing more than him to shove my words right back down my throat.

Maybe some of us aren't as convinced as others about him as a player who's going to hit the very top?
Strange I know.
There’s nothing wrong with that. All I was saying is I can see the exact same dynamic playing out. Besides, there isn’t a single thread here that doesn’t have a poster not wanting a player for not being good enough or being over.
My take is that he is definitely good enough, would be used a lot and fit in easily. I also think Pep wants to add a lot of English players to the team ahead of the World Cup, and Rice is in the starting XI.

So 100 mills then ?
Probably! Lol

I don’t get the we have Rodri, and the not paying 100 mil for a back up posts either . Players aren’t back ups in this City team. Everyone has a job to do. we don’t have a set in stone eleven with Pep he changes the eleven a lot.

Rice adds competition to Rodri’s place in the starting eleven thats brilliant for a title winning team. Probably will make each other better players as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.