Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You winning the title again won’t make me sad but we’re you to dominate like Bayern for years to come, it wouldn’t be sad but just boring.
Come on blues we are better than this.
Whilst we all have other clubs we hate.Im no fan of the head club of the letter writers however Jack has always been gracious on here and it is good to have opposing fans views unless dippers or rags.Jack seems the sought of bloke you could have a proper debate with down the pub.As for Rice i am neither bothered if we or Arsenal sign him.
I fully trust that City have more than 1 iron in the fire we all know how we operate sometimea there is speculation about a player we are in for sometimes we just do the deal and they are presented.Thats why if Laporte,Bernie and Mahrez go they will have been planning thier replacements for at least a year.As a previous poster said it's up to Arsenal to get better and that's what they are trying to do.They are not turning corners like the forementioned dippers and rags.Hope u keep posting on here Jack.

The differences between Arsenal and City here are tenfold, but one glaring difference in the Rice dealings is that Arsenal need Rice, they are pinning their entire “project” on this one signing. Everything is being built on the idea Rice is the main player, the pivot point from where everything else evolves.
City on the other hand… Yes Rice could improve us but we are a million miles away from needing him. He’d be another cog in a well oiled machine and nothing more. Nothing will be built around him, nothing depends on him coming, and if we don’t buy him then I’m sure we’ll move on and buy a similar aged player for half the price who’ll come in and set the world alight. This is something we’ve seen many times, we test the steel of players by testing their attitude and hunger. If Rice chose Arsenal then it says more about his character than ours.
Grealish is a prime example, a rough first season outside his comfort zone leaving his boyhood club to join City knowing he’ll be a part player… I personally think he’s now one of the first on the team sheet.
So yeh, Arsenal 100% need this signing, without it they have no plan B and their plan A falls apart, City can afford to drag their heels and have the ‘meh’ attitude as he’d be another piece in the jigsaw rather than our entire being.

There is much truth in that but to suggest our plan falls apart should we fail to secure Rice is an exaggeration because I think we would then secure someone else.

What a zenith to reach. Treble winners. Something likely never to be achieved by Arsenal.

Pep.

First PL manager to 100 points.
2 Community Shields.
4 League Cups.(Carabao Cups)
2 FA Cups.
5 PL Titles
1 CL Trophy
2 English Doubles.
1 English Treble/Quadruple. (in 1 season)
1 The (proper) Treble.
A possible Community Shield, European Super Cup, World Club Champions Trophy.

Let that sink in Jack!

As for another PL invincible team, it's highly unlikely, but Pep's got at least another 2 attempts at it.

Don’t count your Community Shield, European Super Cup and World Club Champions Trophy eggs before they hatch.

I wasn’t stating hopes as facts…that’s your strawman. Merely pointing out that as attractive as City are, Arsenal are not without their selling points too. My feeling that City may have reached their zenith is an opinion which is not wildly improbable.
This squad might have reached its Zenith. We’ll be having another rebuild and that POTENTIALLY could screw us over in the upcoming season. Is that the basis of your confidence, sorry hope? Do you think Liverpool will be that bad again? Newcastle could push on? Pochettino could stumble across a formula across those 40 odd players? United will continue to get PGMOL help to finish in the top 4. Arteta could go to PSG. Arteta could stay but Arsenal are a one season wonder.

I’m glad I’m not confident like you. How do you handle the crushing disappointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.