Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this link would have died by now as find it a little odd. Rice suggested in quarters as a replacement for Xhaka at Arsenal or Gundogan for us. Both players this season spent much of their time just outside the box or getting into the box to score. Rice simply is not a final third player despite Southgate and Moyes encouraging him to embrace his inner Stevie G and go barrelling forward with the ball when space opens up. If Arsenal are offloading Partey it makes much more sense for them to splash huge money on him.

Not convinced Billingham is the world beater as made out but would have been a more obvious fit for what we need. Have seen a fair bit of Gvardiol since the links started with some good and some bad, a versatile left footer at only 21 is more worth that fee if we're losing Laporte. I feel Rice has maybe wasted some time with the managers he's had, not a lot different to the player he was couple seasons ago and may not want to be versatile as he likes the glory of playing further forward. If we wanted him we should have done it years ago when he looked like Stones 2.0 coming through and not arrived late to this party.

There's still the question about Phillips, even if he wasn't our record signing 42m is huge for someone who contributed nothing. Pep being wary about using him to rest Rodri when we're 3-0 up with half hour to go isn't promising, but if he's backed himself to come good we need to give him a proper go.

As much as I want us to sign Rice, If he wants Arsenal first then aren’t we the sloppy second? Not being arrogant but we are the best team in Europe, soon to be the world, have Pep fucking guardiola as our manager and Rice still seems to not have the bollocks to challenge himself ?
Gundogan left because of his wife, Berny wants to leave because of family life, yes they have won everything at City, but at the same time if Declan wants to stay in London, why can't we respect his decision, even if he's not making it on footballing decisions.

It’s not about guessing, it’s exactly how every other club works. That’s why we are different, we do things differently. You can use Dias, Akanji, Ake, as examples of signings off the back of us walking away from our “first choice” options who everyone thought who? Yet all 3 are treble winners and part of a unique set up where we genuinely are about the team/family first. It’s the exact reason you bottled it, will continue to bottle it and are pinning all your future hopes on Rice!
Im 45, I’ve seen City of old do the exact same thing, I see other clubs do it every window and you are no different. You had one decent season where others underachieved and suddenly all the talk is of you being our competitor. I see Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea and dare I say Utd all pushing us harder this coming season than Arsenal.

You certainly are different

Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot understand the clamour for Rice. I've not watched him extensively but what does he actually do well to justify that monumental price tag? Personally I think Phillips is the better footballer

Aggressive and loads of energy do I think he’s worth 100 mil no and I still don’t think Jack is. Jacks playing great now but 100 mil good god.

Thought this link would have died by now as find it a little odd. Rice suggested in quarters as a replacement for Xhaka at Arsenal or Gundogan for us. Both players this season spent much of their time just outside the box or getting into the box to score. Rice simply is not a final third player despite Southgate and Moyes encouraging him to embrace his inner Stevie G and go barrelling forward with the ball when space opens up. If Arsenal are offloading Partey it makes much more sense for them to splash huge money on him.

Not convinced Billingham is the world beater as made out but would have been a more obvious fit for what we need. Have seen a fair bit of Gvardiol since the links started with some good and some bad, a versatile left footer at only 21 is more worth that fee if we're losing Laporte. I feel Rice has maybe wasted some time with the managers he's had, not a lot different to the player he was couple seasons ago and may not want to be versatile as he likes the glory of playing further forward. If we wanted him we should have done it years ago when he looked like Stones 2.0 coming through and not arrived late to this party.

There's still the question about Phillips, even if he wasn't our record signing 42m is huge for someone who contributed nothing. Pep being wary about using him to rest Rodri when we're 3-0 up with half hour to go isn't promising, but if he's backed himself to come good we need to give him a proper go.

I tend to agree. If we sign Rice, he’ll replace Partey who is linked with a move away. I think Arteta sees Havertz as one to replace Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.