Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel bad for Phillips! Have to give him one more season and then see
I certainly thought this too. I was never a fan and was opposed to us signing him but thought he was worth another season. However, if what TH says is correct, then Pep really doesn’t want him and we know that means he won’t get played. We may as well plan for being without him, we can’t and won’t play an individual who doesn’t fit, regardless of whether they are a good lad. Sounds harsh but these lads are well paid and the stakes are too high for passengers. No point in him having another season if he isn’t going to get on the pitch

Have the arse got a fee agreed then and we have asked for time? Last I saw was west ham laughed at the flat fee and payment schedule but also the add ons included them winning the league and champions league?

Arsenal have no fee agreed as yet.

Strange tactics from them. If they are waiting for City they've already lost.

If he only wants to go to Arsenal and they are bidding against themselves, you have to ask why the deal isn't done?

We have been waiting on Phillips. He knows we are prepared to let him leave.

Kalvin might want to stay, but it's being made clear he won't get many opportunities again next season.

Honestly, if Pep does to Phillips what he did to Joe Hart I don’t see how he could possibly want to stay. It’s crystal clear Pep sees it exactly the same way, if he lets Phillips know that he isn’t the player he needs and he won’t play then he has to move on. Guessing that didn’t happen prior to all Phillips’ interviews but surely that conversation happens over the summer / in pre season.

Your continued mischaracterisations of my original post are justifiably described as strawmen.

However, for the avoidance of doubt, I was offering my opinions on why Rice, despite the obvious attractions of City might opt for Arsenal. I’m not saying he will end up with us, I was merely reacting to the many posts dismissive of Arsenal. Enough.
I don't begrudge you your opinions as to why Rice might choose to go to Arsenal. I'm just not having it that one reason is that City may have tapped out. Not even close.
So he can choose Arsenal because he likes red better than blue, or they're giving him free boots for life, or he can walk home after games or whatever...but because we've hit our zenith is a false and faulty narrative and you'd have to expect us to call you on it. Strawman, scarecrow, children of the corn or any other nonsense not withstanding...

Phillips seems to think this whole “City players often take a year to adapt” thing means he’s just guaranteed minutes next season and he’s going to be integral to the team. He needs to take the fucking hint, he isn’t even wanted here and won’t play if he stays.

Tend to agree. When he was fit, he was even overlooked for Rico.

Even the Arsenal and Chelsea Cup games, a full England international sat on the sidelines.

Think Pep has dropped enough hints.

My feeling as well don't think Phillips wants to leave, and as you say thinks he will play more next season. We hardly saw the man at all. I don't think he will make it here whatever he might think

If he only wants to go to Arsenal and they are bidding against themselves, you have to ask why the deal isn't done?

We have been waiting on Phillips. He knows we are prepared to let him leave.

Kalvin might want to stay, but it's being made clear he won't get many opportunities again next season.
Well if that's the case his england position is screwed he's been told he needs to play regular football

Arsenal have no fee agreed as yet.

Strange tactics from them. If they are waiting for City they've already lost.

Fingers crossed Kalvin sees sense and we can get Rice then! Really think Pep can take him up levels and it’s also a player that Pep has wanted so I think that will give him extra motivation having some new players to rejig the team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.